2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no coincidence that Gylfi playing well today resulted in us looking much better going forward, he's key to that attack. He just needs to keep it up now after what was a very poor start to the season for him before this week.
I always said the same about Barkley. He plays well and so do Everton. Same with Siggy.

I've said this before but since he's been here he's always been a bit of a slow starter to the season. Not sure what he was like with Swansea.

It's no coincidence that Gylfi playing well today resulted in us looking much better going forward, he's key to that attack. He just needs to keep it up now after what was a very poor start to the season for him before this week.

He had a much better game yesterday, much more involved. That's how it should be. He needs to take responsibility more often and be a leader. It's been my biggest bug bear with him for a long time.

His anonymity in games is often a major contributor in poor team performances because he is often a passenger. And he doesn't need to be.

He had a much better game yesterday, much more involved. That's how it should be. He needs to take responsibility more often and be a leader. It's been my biggest bug bear with him for a long time.

His anonymity in games is often a major contributor in poor team performances because he is often a passenger. And he doesn't need to be.

It’s probably because we usually play 2 defensive minded players behind him, which means he’s our only creative player in the middle of the park. Now we have Gomes in there too (who’s also had a slow start), we should get the ball forward a bit faster and rely less on Sig.

Great performance from him on Sunday, liked some of those balls he was putting into the box from just outside. Deliberate tactic went over in training or Kean’s movement giving Sigurdsson more options maybe?

Including the absolute knob who decided after about 15 minutes to shout out (clear as a bell on the telly) "Sigurdsson yer a s***house"! Clearly a local, from the accent, and presumably sat there claiming to be an Everton fan! Why do some of these people even bother going to the game?
I had one of them behind me in the park end. Clown never stopped even when we scored the winner!!

I had one of them behind me in the park end. Clown never stopped even when we scored the winner!!

There’s a few in the Upper Gwladys St, generally they’re also the ones who also arrive 5 minutes after kick off, disappear 5 minutes before half time, come back 5 minutes after the second half started then thankfully bail altogether 10 minutes before the end! As I said don’t know why they bother!

Status
Not open for further replies.