2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't get it. Same fans saw this fraud last season, a complete ghost of a player, a coward who hid nearly every game, saw him part of a midfield torn apart by Blackpool in 10 minutes... but he scores two goals so he's great now.

Just weird. Should be no defence of him from anyone at this point - we should all collectively be calling for him to be binned at earliest opportunity. Same with Bolasie - boat has long since sailed on any redemption for both of them.

He contributed more than any other Everton player today.

But his thread has has more replies and more abuse than any other.

Scapegoat.
Would be hard today .. nobody exactly shone. The new left back did ok and Bolasie as well when he came on .. not many more positives and siggy did contribute with goals but was bossed in the middle for most of the game by a league 1 side ... no vendetta and would love to see him score 2 every week but he won’t - and then most weeks he just goes missing

I'll happily concede that he's a high level set-piece taker (the one today was magnificent), but that alone can't justify his place in the team at this point.

It could when he was playing behind the striker 12 months ago (despite the fact he was never the type to get on the ball and run the game) as he notched enough g&a to justify inclusion - but his consistent lack of movement to create the angle for defenders to play out from the back, constantly getting caught on the turn in possession due to his lack of pace, and his steadfast refusal to put his foot in means he needs vaulting from the centre mid position as soon as adequate replacements are brought in.

There's actual Everton fans saying they would rather Sigurdsson didn't score a goal, and would rather Everton lost a game than Sigurdsson score.

There's actual Everton fans turning against Carlo Ancelotti because he's playing Sigurdsson ahead of the likes of ... answers on a postcard.

All this after that player scored 2 goals and created an assist in an absolutely nothing fixture.

It's really, really weird.

Have a word.

Sigurdsson has been a dreadful signing and I want him out the club as soon as possible but I continue to think he´s worth keeping over the likes of Davies. Purely based on the fact that he can score goals like the free kick today. We´re not going to get rid of all of the dross in one swoop, unfortunately we have to prioritise who needs to be binned immediately.

There's actual Everton fans saying they would rather Sigurdsson didn't score a goal, and would rather Everton lost a game than Sigurdsson score.

There's actual Everton fans turning against Carlo Ancelotti because he's playing Sigurdsson ahead of the likes of ... answers on a postcard.

All this after that player scored 2 goals and created an assist in an absolutely nothing fixture.

It's really, really weird.

Have a word.

I just hope all fans back our world class manager. If he can’t do it who can.

I'll happily concede that he's a high level set-piece taker (the one today was magnificent), but that alone can't justify his place in the team at this point.

It could when he was playing behind the striker 12 months ago (despite the fact he was never the type to get on the ball and run the game) as he notched enough g&a to justify inclusion - but his consistent lack of movement to create the angle for defenders to play out from the back, his lack of pace sees him constantly getting caught on the turn in possession, as well as his steadfast refusal to put his foot in means he needs vaulting from the centre mid position as soon as adequate replacements are brought in.
Spot on mate

Just don't get it. Same fans saw this fraud last season, a complete ghost of a player, a coward who hid nearly every game, saw him part of a midfield torn apart by Blackpool in 10 minutes... but he scores two goals so he's great now.

Just weird. Should be no defence of him from anyone at this point - we should all collectively be calling for him to be binned at earliest opportunity. Same with Bolasie - boat has long since sailed on any redemption for both of them.

No one is saying that soft lad.

"Part of a midfield..."

Sigurdsson's thread has had more replies than every other players combined.

Moise Kean's thread has had 5 replies since full time.

No replies on Iwobi etc.

Fair accusation to be made the club has been a poor environment for him, how many managers, how many positions he’s been asked to play except his own, how many gaping holes in the squad have impacted his game, lack of forwards some seasons, lack of central midfielders in others.

Safe to say the club has been a poor environment for him. Fair point to be made bar 18/19 when he got a proper run in the team we haven’t seen his best, but also fair to say the club, environment and context haven't given him the platform to get the best out of him.

In hindsight Everton and what’s gone on has been a poor move for him.

We all know that this coming season, he should be a bit part player, if (and it's a big IF ) we buy new players to replace not only him, but a few others, but what I find myself shaking my head in disbelief, is that certain posters want him and the likes of Davies, Keane and Pickford to play bad for our club to suit their agenda, and get a weird satisfaction if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.