2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan of him making runs through the middle as if anyone’s playing him a 40 yard through ball and as if he’s quick enough to get on the end of it.

Literally runs away from the ball when he should be coming towards it.

They’re cutting us apart through the middle and he’s nowhere to be seen either.

This will be his last season as a regular starter for us
Said the same for a while. I said last season at times, we basically play 442. And he hinders Richarlison, now I know Richarlison is not in form and is still very inconsistent, but he’s the future not Siggurdsson

Siggurdsson is so slow he has to play as like a second striker and he also doesn’t have to ability to run from deep and beat players, like Barkley.

And Richarlison has spent the last 20mins in our own half tracking the villa left back, so when we break we have siggurdsson & DCL who both lack and quality to take a defender on or the pace to blitz a villa defender.

Nothing to pass to, has made some nice balls tonight but the system and choice of players kills it
I’ve missed them nice through balls. To be honest most of he time he goes wide. I’ve seen it a few times tonight 15 yards from their box and goes wide. Never runs at the defenders abs hardly plays a through ball imo

I'm not pretending DCL is Aguero or something but he's a fine finisher on the occasion he actually finds himself in a decent shooting position. The rarity of those moments is the far bigger issue.

Walcott whatever. I think he finishes fine but has other problems that make him a clear 4th choice. Not worth going crazy about.

Absolute hell of a shout this.

Status
Not open for further replies.