2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

As slow a player as I've ever seen at Goodison.

I don't ever want to see him in an Everton shirt again.

£45 m totally wasted.
He’s had a few good moments, but they seem a very long time ago now. 25 million would have been ok so we basically paid double for him Sad

We have a squad where the only player in midfield who tries to show any leadership is 21 year old Tom Davies and you cannot carry a team at 21. I think our team is made up of gutless wonders and the job that Ancelotti has on his hands is to bring in strong players that he can trust.

We are depending on Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin as senior players to provide leadership and to be honest they haven't got a leadership bone in either of their bodies. Walcott as an experienced international should be another but he has even less leadership capabilities.
Delph is so rarely fit that he can't even be mentioned.
Seamus Coleman certainly does try to show leadership but unfortunately I think he is coming to the end of his time as a first eleven starter.

On a positive note, if that is possible, I believe that today is hopefully our lowest point. I am not sure the manager will have dramatically changed his opinion of his players since his arrival but will certainly know more than before.

I can't help but feel that until we do bring in players that can affect our team the Duncan Ferguson way may still be the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.