2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a long time I defended him due to his ability to score goals. However , his lack of mobility / movement , means that the team has to be set up just to play to his strengths. It cannot continue , especially when it is compounded by Schneiderlin and Tosun with their lack of mobility. Time to move on. .

Oh, and it's the same scenario as with Lukaku - goals hide a multitude of sins. He was nearly as bad as this last season. People just don't see it as they get blinded by goals.

We need to break the cycle of accommodating passengers just because they'll score a goal every now and then. We need eleven players working as a team unit. There's a reason these players never go to top sides or, when they do, they stink the place out.

When I saw his name on the team sheet yesterday I genuinely couldn't believe it. The only explanation is that Silva wants to be sacked and wants the payout.

Sigurdsson himself wouldn't have put him in the starting eleven yesterday. Nobody would. Not one fan in that stadium would have started him, convinced of it.
Everything above and he made him captain ? Never a captain or a leader can't even look after himself never mind inspire his team mates when needed as a captain

Oh, and it's the same scenario as with Lukaku - goals hide a multitude of sins. He was nearly as bad as this last season. People just don't see it as they get blinded by goals.

We need to break the cycle of accommodating passengers just because they'll score a goal every now and then. We need eleven players working as a team unit. There's a reason these players never go to top sides or, when they do, they stink the place out.
There are certain people who think that scoring goals makes you the best player on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.