2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really have to play a number 10 and if we do why do we have to play this chap?

Numbers 10s used to stroll around the park like they where wearing a smoking jacket and influencing games, now that position has changed. De Bruyne and Silva both find space, the RS done even bother with one, Arsenal, Chelsea and spurs don’t. Why do we have to persist wi a number 10 and a number 10 who can’t influence games.

Read a thing today online somewhere (think it was off a newspaper) with Juan Mata. He was talking about the no10 role is very much dead these days in modern tactics because most managers/coaches want to play a much faster fluid style of a play, they just want to get the ball foward as quick as possible. They don't want someone slowing it down in the middle. Would be interesting to see the 4-3-3 setup at least once with this set of players.

yep thats right our Gylfi can't even score a penalty against a bricklayer

I wonder how much we could get for him in Jan...

Surely someone would cough up £20mil ?

If it was me, id be very happy with £20mil for him...possibly Palace could bail us out ?

I wonder how much we could get for him in Jan...

Surely someone would cough up £20mil ?

If it was me, id be very happy with £20mil for him...possibly Palace could bail us out ?
We aren't selling him in January dude

Do we really have to play a number 10 and if we do why do we have to play this chap?

Numbers 10s used to stroll around the park like they where wearing a smoking jacket and influencing games, now that position has changed. De Bruyne and Silva both find space, the RS done even bother with one, Arsenal, Chelsea and spurs don’t. Why do we have to persist wi a number 10 and a number 10 who can’t influence games.

Eriksen is basically their number 10. But players like him and De Bruyne just dictate play and everything goes through them.

I'd love him to rekindle some form - but also think the fact that we very rarely actually give him the ball has something of an impact too! He feeds off scraps, isnt a ball winner and isnt fast. But give him the ball and he might actually do something with it.

If we are gonna play him - do so with the aim of actually utilising him rather than him standing in the middle watching us bomb up the wings endlessly.

Eriksen is basically their number 10. But players like him and De Bruyne just dictate play and everything goes through them.
What I’m getting at is they generally don’t just stay behind the striker. Especially De Bruyne, he’s all over finding space. They are both clever enough to find the spaces to take up. Gylfi just tends to stay in the hole just behind the striker and it’s so easy to read for the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.