2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet the only one of the three that's open play is the DCL chance from Saturday. The guy really isn't doing enough without set pieces.

Richy and Sigurdssin are behind Lundstram? Looks like it is time to bring a Blue(ish) home.

Not having that mate.

Hes been awful so far this season, but hes not done, at all.
If his next move is to another Premier League club, it'll be one further down the table. He isn't anywhere near dynamic enough to be a regular in a serious team.

I don't think that'd be the case in Italy or Spain, though.

If his next move is to another Premier League club, it'll be one further down the table. He isn't anywhere near dynamic enough to be a regular in a serious team.

I don't think that'd be the case in Italy or Spain, though.

Well he was always going down after us, I mean nobody better than us wanted him before he came here, so they wont want him in 3 years when his contract is up.

As I said, he and the whole team have been pretty bad so far, it was the same last season to a degree but his goals masked it a little, the problem is the current lack of real options, with Gomes and Gmblammo being out we are almost forced to keep plodding on.

Im aware things could be changed, but for me missing a player like Gomes who is very good normally at transitioning the ball forward is really hurting us.

Im sure he will come good again anyway, but im sure Mr Brands is already looking at options for next summer.

Well he was always going down after us, I mean nobody better than us wanted him before he came here, so they wont want him in 3 years when his contract is up.

As I said, he and the whole team have been pretty bad so far, it was the same last season to a degree but his goals masked it a little, the problem is the current lack of real options, with Gomes and Gmblammo being out we are almost forced to keep plodding on.

Im aware things could be changed, but for me missing a player like Gomes who is very good normally at transitioning the ball forward is really hurting us.

Im sure he will come good again anyway, but im sure Mr Brands is already looking at options for next summer.
Even during barren spells, there are always touches, turns and passes that demonstrate the talent he has. The issue, for me at least, is that what he offers isn't enough to compensate for his lack of physical attributes, which is why I mentioned Ozil, a genuine world-class technician, who now has a couple of energetic teenagers ahead of him in the Arsenal pecking order. It's the same with Mata at United; this type of player has had its day in England.

Having said that, I have no idea what Everton's ambitions actually are, and there's every chance that you're quite right; he'll score a few goals and this will all be forgotten about until the next time.

Even during barren spells, there are always touches, turns and passes that demonstrate the talent he has. The issue, for me at least, is that what he offers isn't enough to compensate for his lack of physical attributes, which is why I mentioned Ozil, a genuine world-class technician, who now has a couple of energetic teenagers ahead of him in the Arsenal pecking order. It's the same with Mata at United; this type of player has had its day in England.

Having said that, I have no idea what Everton's ambitions actually are, and there's every chance that you're quite right; he'll score a few goals and this will all be forgotten about until the next time.

I think most teams are trying or have already moved on from 4231, so yeah, I suspect the days of the older number 10s is almost coming to an end.

He has a wonderful range of passing and his shooting is top drawer, but even at his best I feel he slows down our play a lot.

I still like the fella, im defo not stupid enough to defend his performances so far this season tho, he has been very bad.

I think most teams are trying or have already moved on from 4231, so yeah, I suspect the days of the older number 10s is almost coming to an end.

He has a wonderful range of passing and his shooting is top drawer, but even at his best I feel he slows down our play a lot.

I still like the fella, im defo not stupid enough to defend his performances so far this season tho, he has been very bad.
In a lot of ways, so do I. I just have no idea what to do with him.

Perfect opportunity to introduce one of the youth players, your Anthony Gordons, etc IMO. At least on the bench like.

Status
Not open for further replies.