2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been an ardent Siggy backer during his time here and i've more often than not agreed with you on different opinions.

But the idea that his poor performances are primarily down to a lack of partner and his position in a 2 is rubbish mate. Absolutely rubbish.

He hid last season. As bad as Schneiderlin at his worst. Not taking the ball, not passing forwards. He's not quick enough to get to loose balls generally, agreed, but how many times on the few instances he has got there has he shown his arse in the tackle?

The lad absolutely has quality. But he has responsibility to lead by example and he was utterly terrible last season.

I wouldn't give him another chance. If he gets it, he better take it or he will spend this year watching from the bench.

He hid the season before mate.
The reality is a few goals masked it, and by all accounts we were all utterly appalling from post Derby to the following derby, just meant we were all pointing fingers at everyone and anyone.

I just think in an evertonians mind, when a player is new he usually gets a free pass, provided he’s shown a bit of promise.

In the last 24 months I’ve watch Sigurdsson and laterally Gomes put in some of the same standard performances as Schneiderlin did.

I watched Gomes play balls out of play and get an “Unlucky lad”, then watched Schneiderlin do it and get a “GET OFF, YOURE GARBAGE.

Sigurdsson will be the new Schneiderlin, mark my words. We love to have a whipping boy.

I’m Sigurdssons biggest hater, can’t stand him, but he’s gonna get a dogs life, and he can’t play in that.

The reality is a few goals masked it, and by all accounts we were all utterly appalling from post Derby to the following derby, just meant we were all pointing fingers at everyone and anyone.

I just think in an evertonians mind, when a player is new he usually gets a free pass, provided he’s shown a bit of promise.

In the last 24 months I’ve watch Sigurdsson and laterally Gomes put in some of the same standard performances as Schneiderlin did.

I watched Gomes play balls out of play and get an “Unlucky lad”, then watched Schneiderlin do it and get a “GET OFF, YOURE GARBAGE.

Sigurdsson will be the new Schneiderlin, mark my words. We love to have a whipping boy.

I’m Sigurdssons biggest hater, can’t stand him, but he’s gonna get a dogs life, and he can’t play in that.
i've heard this about the season peddled mate and i respectfully disagree. Gomes was excellent imo for the majority of last season. The two of them helped us go on that fantastic run after the winter break. The one thing that Gomes constantly does is try and get on the ball. Schneiderlin since his first 6 months and then Sig last season refused to take responsibility, refused to take the ball off the CBs and had us pondering around until we'd lose it.

I think you're right regarding having a whipping boy. But when he serves up what he did last season, and doesn't have an awful injury which he rushed back from as at least an equaliser / context, I'm not sure what else he can expect.

i've heard this about the season peddled mate and i respectfully disagree. Gomes was excellent imo for the majority of last season. The two of them helped us go on that fantastic run after the winter break. The one thing that Gomes constantly does is try and get on the ball. Schneiderlin since his first 6 months and then Sig last season refused to take responsibility, refused to take the ball off the CBs and had us pondering around until we'd lose it.

I think you're right regarding having a whipping boy. But when he serves up what he did last season, and doesn't have an awful injury which he rushed back from as at least an equaliser / context, I'm not sure what else he can expect.

I think Gomes for the first 6-7 months was unplayable what a player he was.

But last season even prior injury was absolutely useless. The Ankle break was a nightmare, and playing in a midfield including Allan and Doucouré, I’m not writing him off, he’s got loads of potential there.

Sigurdsson just hides and that’s why o wasbaffled by him getting nothing compared to Schneiderlin at times. Both cowards for me.

I went off on a tangent about Gomes there, sorry lol

But my point still stands, and if we can offload him, offload him. It’s a lot of money £100k a week, is a lot of money for a player to be on the bench.

2B1FA6E3-0CF0-4319-BBD1-425C37D44CB1.jpeg

If there is one advantage to this health crisis it is that none of our team will have to suffer abuse from the stands and Ancelotti will have the time to blend his side without the complication of certain players getting their confidence undermined.
Obviously the disadvantage is that without the crowd the technically better team will nearly always triumph , with few surprises.

I wouldn't even have him in the 18. However I suspect somehow he will be starting tomorrow. At least if he stinks the place out there will be pressure on Ancelotti to drop him.

If the three new players are fit I can’t see Siggy getting a start. With two defensive mids on the pitch we need some with an eye for a pass other than James, can see use going with Gomes or Iwobi before him. He will be backup in case Allan or Doucoure get injuries. If Gbamin gets up to the pace of the game then he falls of the bench.

If the three new players are fit I can’t see Siggy getting a start. With two defensive mids on the pitch we need someone with an eye for a pass other than James, can see use going with Gomes or Iwobi before him. He will be backup in case Allan or Doucoure get injuries. If Gbamin gets up to the pace of the game then he falls of the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.