2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between him and Gomes who starts with Allan and Doucore in midfield

Gomes, most of the time.

But he's not played a minute in pre-season for us or Portugal and may have an injury issue.

Just see Sigurdsson starting Sunday, alongside Allan and probably Gordon, with Walcott on the right in a kind of 4-4-2 off the ball, 4-3-3 on it, with Doucoure coming off the bench.

Gomes, most of the time.

But he's not played a minute in pre-season for us or Portugal and may have an injury issue.

Just see Sigurdsson starting Sunday, alongside Allan and probably Gordon, with Walcott on the right in a kind of 4-4-2 off the ball, 4-3-3 on it, with Doucoure coming off the bench.

Think Doucoure will start as he is used to the pace, Allan might come off the bench though.

Think Doucoure will start as he is used to the pace, Allan might come off the bench though.

Possibly mate - it's a toss up tbf.

Only thinking is that Ancelotti trusts Allan and knows he can come straight in and do a job. If that job is mainly to defend and us look to play on the counter - which I think it will be, given our CB options too.

Aware he will fully like Doucoure, too, just think knowing Allan will be able to come in and add some real quality straight away will have him starting.

He may well start both.

Depends if Allan was injured recently or whether that was just something to ensure that Napoli got their sale.
He has been seen in training at Finch Farm so hopefully all is good.

Look, after last season, he needs to be punted if we get a good offer.

But I don't think he never tried.

He simply isn't quick enough to play the role he did last season in a 4-4-2 and without Gana we were sat 10 yards deeper under Silva playing the 4-2-3-1.

If he stays he can still be useful. And he's gonna stay unless we get a decent offer (or DC United decide to move on him now).

Ideal world he moves on but I just can't see it.

He'll almost certainly start on Sunday as he's the only midfielder we have who has minutes under his belt.

Look, after last season, he needs to be punted if we get a good offer.

But I don't think he never tried.

He simply isn't quick enough to play the role he did last season in a 4-4-2 and without Gana we were sat 10 yards deeper under Silva playing the 4-2-3-1.

If he stays he can still be useful. And he's gonna stay unless we get a decent offer (or DC United decide to move on him now).

Ideal world he moves on but I just can't see it.

He'll almost certainly start on Sunday as he's the only midfielder we have who has minutes under his belt.
Think you're letting him off the hook too easily here, What game was it where he didn't touch the ball for 45 minutes or was it no tackles/passes in 45 minutes? I can't remember but some games he has definitely took the mickey and done bare minimum if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.