2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 Man of the Match awards last season....More than any other player. Equal most goals. Most assists.

That is all.

I got your back boo.

Part of me thinks that a lot of people nailed their colours to the mast quite early with Siggy and now they just aren't willing to budge

He'll never win over some of his detractors sadly

Still, I think he was an important player for us last season and hopefully he can be even better this season

Part of me thinks that a lot of people nailed their colours to the mast quite early with Siggy and now they just aren't willing to budge

He'll never win over some of his detractors sadly

Still, I think he was an important player for us last season and hopefully he can be even better this season

He's class, i really don't understand why our fans feel the need to continually whine about players' bad points and dismiss all the positives.

What a player. Near enough everything good we did going forwards was via him.

With the likes of Lewis Dunk now being 'valued' at £40m, how can anyone begrudge paying the same for someone who provides quality moments every single game?

Yep, he's not going to run games: mainly because Silva has him so high up the pitch that it's not his job. That role is Gomes'.

He'll have another fine season, that's for certain.

He had 2 moments in game when he got involved in attack - and a couple of tracking back moments. Apart from that it was like having a player less.

An awful lot of gloom from those who watched the game. I didn't bother watching it, cos I hate friendlies. On the basis of the various opinions on here, we may be in for a rough ride for the next few months. The Silva out thread may get resurrected. Of course people may be exaggerating how poor some of our players were? I would not bother with a player performance assessment for a friendly though. I can feel panic rising, so over to that thread.

An awful lot of gloom from those who watched the game. I didn't bother watching it, cos I hate friendlies. On the basis of the various opinions on here, we may be in for a rough ride for the next few months. The Silva out thread may get resurrected. Of course people may be exaggerating how poor some of our players were? I would not bother with a player performance assessment for a friendly though. I can feel panic rising, so over to that thread.

Exactly. Player critique from friendlies is hit and miss. Gylfi will do us a solid this season again.

Status
Not open for further replies.