2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoe horn our top goal scorer, player that covers the most ground and creates more guilt edge chances than anyone in our team?
I think many judge his performances on the size of the fee, not necessarily what he brings to the pitch. The lad could do nothing about his price tag. The first year was a disaster for him (and the team) but I don’t think many could complain about last year.

I think many judge his performances on the size of the fee, not necessarily what he brings to the pitch. The lad could do nothing about his price tag. The first year was a disaster for him (and the team) but I don’t think many could complain about last year.
Be foolish to complain about last year when you think there was only him and Rico who got into double figures for goals. I just hope we buy at least two players one being a striker who can also get into double figures because like someone said on another thread we were 20 odd goals from being closer to the top 5

He’s one of the hardest working and technically gifted players in the league. He’s in the team on merit and I agree that people seems to use his fee to beat him with. People use the price we paid for Lewin as a defence when I say he’s not good enough . Take money out of the picture and look at siggy... he’s quality imo

He’s one of the hardest working and technically gifted players in the league. He’s in the team on merit and I agree that people seems to use his fee to beat him with. People use the price we paid for Lewin as a defence when I say he’s not good enough . Take money out of the picture and look at siggy... he’s quality imo
The goal at Leicester that should have walked the goal of the season proved your point. You can count on one hand the number of players with the ability to score a goal like that.

The goal at Leicester that should have walked the goal of the season proved your point. You can count on one hand the number of players with the ability to score a goal like that.

He gets pelters but he’s a class act.
It’s human nature and the MO of professional sport to talk about a players short comings but when we finally got set up it brought his best to the fore.

He gets pelters but he’s a class act.
It’s human nature and the MO of professional sport to talk about a players short comings but when we finally got set up it brought his best to the fore.
Stats are misleading apparently Chelsea won a higher percentage of games without Hazard last season. However there is no doubt our team would be poorer with siguardsson’s input in it.

Sigurdsson's goals and general performance level last season would have been a subject for weekly praise from the media if he was at any of the clubs at the top end of the season. As it is, he's with us, so hardly a word written or spoken about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.