2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not his best season. He created 64% of Swansea's goals in 2016/17 with 9 goals, 13 assists & 7 hockey assists.

He also did it despite not scoring one goal in open play with his right foot. He could've finished with 15 goals & assists each that season.

I have zero concern regarding Sigurdsson's age. He will age like fine wine, and I've said that since he was in his early 20's.

Players that decline rapidly after 29-31 are usually much smaller & faster players. Sigurdsson's playstyle is based around his both footed technical ability, not his pace or strength.

Bergkamp, Laudrup & Zidane for an example were all playing at their peak around 35-37. Gylfi relies even less on his pace than those players, and could comfortably play into his 40's.

I expect Sigurdsson to improve with each year, even into his 30's. As long as the team continues to improve his stats will as well.

Sigurdsson has actually directly contributed to 27 of our 54 of our premier league goals this season (50%)

13 goals, 6 assists & 8 hockey assists. Not to mention his 75 key passes.

Hahahahahaha Ricky you fruit cake. Could play comfortably into his 40’s lol lol lol

I’m sobbing.

I’m not saying he’s a bad player.
No I know your weren’t. He does go missing in a game but at the same time he can score out of nothing. I don’t believe for one second he could play top level football into his 40s but 36-38 wouldn’t be surprising.

As far back as I can remember watching him don’t think he has ever been blessed with pace tbh.

No I know your weren’t. He does go missing in a game but at the same time he can score out of nothing. I don’t believe for one second he could play top level football into his 40s but 36-38 wouldn’t be surprising.

As far back as I can remember watching him don’t think he has ever been blessed with pace tbh.

I never said he would play into his 40's, but I most certainly think he is capable of doing it. Bergkamp created 20 G/A at 36 years old. Zidane retired at 35 arguably at his peak

Pace reliant players decline rapidly around 29-31. Rooney, Owen, Mata, etc were all past it before their 30's. Sigurdsson in my opinion is just getting started at 29 years old.

Saying he goes missing in games in beyond ridiculous. There wasn't a game this season where he didn't show up & deliver.

Against Fulham as an example, everybody singled him out for 'not delivering' even though he literally only received 13 passes from his team mates throughout the entire match.

That's right. 13 passes. Our best player was starved off the ball from his own team mates. Digne had well over 90 touches that game & everybody else got on the ball.

Yet nobody created anything besides Sigurdsson, who put DCL 1on1 & also found himself in a perfect goal scoring situation. Gueye however opted to shoot instead of passing it to him.

qR3XO6E.png

cO6Zc2F.png

In the span of 1½ minutes Sigurdsson created the equalizer & found himself perfectly positioned to score the winner.

Instead DCL wasted his 1on1 & Gueye selfishly didn't pass the ball. Yet Sigurdsson was taken off after 74 minutes despite creating 2 chances, one of them being a big chance.

I'd love for you to substantiate any of your claims of 'Sigurdsson going missing' but the truth is you have nothing to say.

I never said he would play into his 40's, but I most certainly think he is capable of doing it. Bergkamp created 20 G/A at 36 years old. Zidane retired at 35 arguably at his peak

Pace reliant players decline rapidly around 29-31. Rooney, Owen, Mata, etc were all past it before their 30's. Sigurdsson in my opinion is just getting started at 29 years old.

Saying he goes missing in games in beyond ridiculous. There wasn't a game this season where he didn't show up & deliver.

Against Fulham as an example, everybody singled him out for 'not delivering' even though he literally only received 13 passes from his team mates throughout the entire match.

That's right. 13 passes. Our best player was starved off the ball from his own team mates. Digne had well over 90 touches that game & everybody else got on the ball.

Yet nobody created anything besides Sigurdsson, who put DCL 1on1 & also found himself in a perfect goal scoring situation. Gueye however opted to shoot instead of passing it to him.

qR3XO6E.png

cO6Zc2F.png

In the span of 1½ minutes Sigurdsson created the equalizer & found himself perfectly positioned to score the winner.

Instead DCL wasted his 1on1 & Gueye selfishly didn't pass the ball. Yet Sigurdsson was taken off after 74 minutes despite creating 2 chances, one of them being a big chance.

I'd love for you to substantiate any of your claims of 'Sigurdsson going missing' but the truth is you have nothing to say.

Please tell me you're not trying to compare him to bergkamp and zidane

Status
Not open for further replies.