2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You spent the majority of last season calling him crap & hoping for Lookman to take his spot.

Nobody in those 4 major leagues scored more goals than him from midfield. Doesn't matter how you try to spin it, and even if you do you'll just end up sounding like a conspiracy theorist.

Only 9 Premier League players scored more goals than him this season. Aumbameyang(22), Mane(22), Salah(22), Aguero(21), Vardy(18), Kane(17), Sterling(17), Hazard(17) & Wilson(14)

''Seeing as he didn't do much else'' He was directly responsible for 50% of our PL goals, Everton's top scorer, top assister, top chance creator. Similar stats to Digne defensively.

How would you know what i posted seeing as youre new to the forum...

Earlier in the season - and I think the stats will prove it - it was often 18 minutes plus before he got his first touch. I wondered what he was on the pitch for during the poor run. Like the Southampton away game - he frustrated the whole game and came to life in the last five minutes. He’s not a midfield player.

Its a similar quandary to what Liverpool had with coutinho, on paper it was the end of the world losing him but in reality it made them a better more balanced side

Coutinho was good for 3 months, Sigurdsson outperformed him in literally every single PL season.

Gylfi at 22 years old had similar stats to Coutinho's when he was sold for £144 million. Same amount of goals & 1 less assist.

I sincerely doubt losing our best player will somehow improve us. Look at what happened when we sold Lukaku.

5mxo6Mb.png
0Q7iLp3.png

Earlier in the season - and I think the stats will prove it - it was often 18 minutes plus before he got his first touch. I wondered what he was on the pitch for during the poor run. Like the Southampton away game - he frustrated the whole game and came to life in the last five minutes. He’s not a midfield player.

Blame our team mates for being too stupid to pass to him instead of Sigurdsson.

People like you will claim Sigurdsson sucked against Fulham despite creating 2 chances, 1 clearcut 1on1 & perfectly finding himself in a 1on1 situation where Gueye opted to shoot rather than pass it to him. How many passes did he receive the entire match? 13. He received 13 passes from his team mates in 74 minutes before getting taken off.

OuVCUXj.jpg

rJoBiu8.png

In the span of 1½ min Sigurdsson found himself perfectly to score the equalizer, and then setup what should've been DCL's winner.

Gueye refused to pass the ball & DCL fluffed his chance. But blame it on Sigurdsson. Lol.

I'm guessing you're going to blame Sigurdsson for not touching the ball here as well? Right?? Right???

NfX2aWy.jpg

Our main striker opted to go for goal instead of putting Sigurdsson 1on1. Not only does DCL rob assists from Gylfi but goals as well.

Coutinho was good for 3 months, Sigurdsson outperformed him in literally every single PL season.

Gylfi at 22 years old had similar stats to Coutinho's when he was sold for £144 million. Same amount of goals & 1 less assist.

I sincerely doubt losing our best player will somehow improve us. Look at what happened when we sold Lukaku.

5mxo6Mb.png
0Q7iLp3.png

Blame our team mates for being too stupid to pass to him instead of Sigurdsson.

People like you will claim Sigurdsson sucked against Fulham despite creating 2 chances, 1 clearcut 1on1 & perfectly finding himself in a 1on1 situation where Gueye opted to shoot rather than pass it to him. How many passes did he receive the entire match? 13. He received 13 passes from his team mates in 74 minutes before getting taken off.

OuVCUXj.jpg

rJoBiu8.png

In the span of 1½ min Sigurdsson setup what should've been DCL's equalizer, and then found himself in the perfect position to score the winner.

DCL fluffed his chance & Gueye refused to pass the ball. Blame it on Sigurdsson. Lol.

I'm guessing you're going to blame Sigurdsson for not touching the ball here as well? Right?? Right???

NfX2aWy.jpg

Makes you wonder why barca didn't buy siggy for 144 mil

Makes you wonder why barca didn't buy siggy for 144 mil

Lol you have literally said this about 15 times on this & the previous thread. Broken record player.

Coutinho was bought as Neymar's LW replacement. But I'm sure that wont stop you from saying the exact same thing 3 weeks from now.

An empty barrel reverberates loudly.

Lol you have literally said this about 15 times on this & the previous thread. Broken record player.

Coutinho was bought as Neymar's LW replacement. But I'm sure that wont stop you from saying the exact same thing 3 weeks from now.

An empty barrel reverberates loudly.

Why haven’t they bought him as Iniesta’s replacement then? Or why hasn’t any top club ever bought him?

Status
Not open for further replies.