2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish it would have come regular against, Fulham, Spurs, Watford, West Ham at home, Newcastle, Leicester at home and against a few other teams which escape my memory at the moment.
But you could put that comment on any Everton players thread, as great as he is he cant do it alone, hardly his fault when the whole team is all over the place, willing to bet in at least one or two of those games he put in some great balls only for there to be no one there to pick them up, DCL has wasted a lot of on the plate passes from him this season.

But you could put that comment on any Everton players thread, as great as he is he cant do it alone, hardly his fault when the whole team is all over the place, willing to bet in at least one or two of those games he put in some great balls only for there to be no one there to pick them up, DCL has wasted a lot of on the plate passes from him this season.
But I'm putting it on this thread cause this is the Siggurdson thread. Let's put this to bed once and for all, I'm not a Siggurdson hater. In fact I don't hate any of our players they get my full backing when they pull on the shirt. But there are times when heads have got to rule hearts and he, along with quite a few others are just not consistent enough to push us on to the next level. If he and the others where giving us 7-8 out of 10 week in week out we'd be top 6 easily

But I'm putting it on this thread cause this is the Siggurdson thread. Let's put this to bed once and for all, I'm not a Siggurdson hater. In fact I don't hate any of our players they get my full backing when they pull on the shirt. But there are times when heads have got to rule hearts and he, along with quite a few others are just not consistent enough to push us on to the next level. If he and the others where giving us 7-8 out of 10 week in week out we'd be top 6 easily
13 goals and 5 assists means he's contributing directly to a goal pretty much every 2 games.

It's the epitome of consistency.

13 goals and 5 assists means he's contributing directly to a goal pretty much every 2 games.

It's the epitome of consistency.
Oh well it just must be me then and
So because he doesn't score literally every single game, he's inconsistent? Not a consistent player in the world for you then.
He doesn't need to score in every game to be consistent. He can be consistent in other ways like controlling games against the poorer teams

I wish it would have come regular against, Fulham, Spurs, Watford, West Ham at home, Newcastle, Leicester at home and against a few other teams which escape my memory at the moment.

Lets face it, again, can say the same for all the players (although you seem to not notice that Siggurdsson scored v West Ham at home).
Put a decent striker up top and he'd had a tonne more assists and we'd have 9 more points minimum.

Take out the fact we threw away 4 points in opening two games with 2 stupid red cards. 4 points which would have got us Europe for sure now.

SPURS?!!?!?!?! He was literally the only player that gave a rip on the entire squad. Gylfi also scored against West Ham. Pickford was a disaster in that match - we had like 56% possession, out shot and out chanced them. Sigurdsson was hardly bad that match. He was our highest rated player in BOTH those matches.

Oh well it just must be me then and

He doesn't need to score in every game to be consistent. He can be consistent in other ways like controlling games against the poorer teams

But he doesn't play in a position where he can do that anyway.

It's never really been a skill of his, but he plays as second striker for us. The onus isn't on him to control games.

Yes, sometimes he does need to do more to get more involved, but he often drops deep to get on the ball. The issue comes if our other midfielders don't then push into that space. He hasn't got the power to sprint forward through a crowd of players like Gomes can.

The onus is on Gomes/Gana (whoever the other midfielder is) to control games for us in this current set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.