2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to Siggurdsson rests on the striker situation.

Richarlison and Gylfi are our only 2 attacking threats and to replace Gylfi is stupid if we dont bring in a goalscorer up front.

If we bring in a 15-20 goalscorer then im happy for Gylfi to be replaced with someone who may only score half the amount of goals Gylfi does but offers more creativity and creates chances for others throughout the 90 minutes.

Let’s just break it down for the people who want us to stay mid table.

To finish higher in the table we need better players, therefore we need to replace some key positions that will help us significantly, attacking mf is a key position.

Siggy is doing a decent job but decent does not get us top 6.

Do we have ambition to break into top 6? Yes

Do we need a better string puller than a 30 year old Siggy next season? Yes

We need someone who isnt anonymous 98% of the time.

If we're gonna progress and DCL continues to improve we need a quick mobile player to play in and a around him to pick up all his bits and pieces siggurdson is not that player

I don't expect him to do much when we have been this poor as a whole. I give him a pass for that 1st half. Everyone needs to get it together in the 2nd

I love how poor he's been - he GIFTED DCL a goal. I don't think he's been great, either, but Coleman/Jags are getting torched on the right, Gomes has been completely worthless - can't tackle, can't pick off a pass, can't create anything - and Siggy is the target? Come on, guys.

The only player who ever looked likely to create a goal today, only DCL finishing let us down but as usual if Gylfi doesn't single handedly drag us to victory he'll be made the scapegoat by the usual suspects.

Long-time fan of Gylfi, but he isn't the answer going forward. We need to either change system, or get a seriously creative player in behind the striker because playing him as the split striker just won't get us any higher than we currently are. Need a new striker too with DCL as backup.

I love how poor he's been - he GIFTED DCL a goal. I don't think he's been great, either, but Coleman/Jags are getting torched on the right, Gomes has been completely worthless - can't tackle, can't pick off a pass, can't create anything - and Siggy is the target? Come on, guys.
The only player who ever looked likely to create a goal today, only DCL finishing let us down but as usual if Gylfi doesn't single handedly drag us to victory he'll be made the scapegoat by the usual suspects.

He does what he ALWAYS does...one or two great things a game...

Anonymous AGAIN

Imagine having a proper playmaker there

2yhy4a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.