2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which takes us full circle back to my original point...

You don't need to explain to me how he wants to play the game or what his strengths are. I watch him every week, I can see that. Nobody is saying he needs to play like Gerrard, or like Arteta, those are both straw man arguments. The point is simply that, at times, he needs to come out of his comfort zone and play in a way which benefits the team a bit more, rather than just carrying on doing what he likes to do.

Right. So he works hard? Isn’t lazy , doesn’t need to play like Gerard ? So what exactly do you want him to do? I know you said come out of his comfort zone but how exactly? What is it you expect from him ? I’m genuinely Interested

Right. So he works hard? Isn’t lazy , doesn’t need to play like Gerard ? So what exactly do you want him to do? I know you said come out of his comfort zone but how exactly? What is it you expect from him ? I’m genuinely Interested
Based on the thread, he wants Gylfi to do a better job getting open to receive the ball. Be more aggressive about it. He doesn't have a problem that he doesn't hold on to it or anything silly like that. Not saying I agree, but it was articulated.

Based on the thread, he wants Gylfi to do a better job getting open to receive the ball. Be more aggressive about it. He doesn't have a problem that he doesn't hold on to it or anything silly like that. Not saying I agree, but it was articulated.

@Lanolin Is right.

My own view is that ive always rated him since his early days with reading (from memory).

However for us, he presses yes but why doesnt he demand the ball more and take pot shots from distance or play quick passes around the box?

Hes got it in his skillset but just seems to wait...should be yelling for the ball.

He’s created chances for team mates yes, but nowhere near as many as he should have. I’d create chances myself if you put me in the hole as a string puller all season (the main creative position) but sure there is always someone who can do a better job, and if we want to go beyond mid table we need a better string puller and striker so don’t see what your argument is.
13 goals from a number 10 and you want rid?
OK.

13 goals from a number 10 and you want rid?
OK.

If the choices were;

1 -- 13 goals from Sigurdsson who plays as support striker in the main

2 -- Lukaku

3 -- A top playmaker

4 -- A midfield monster playing deeper

What would you choose?

I don’t understand this game

Well, its quite simple...Sigurdsson is mostly playing as a supporting striker.

Aside from pressing hes not having an effect for most of the game bar a rare assist or a goal.

If he was replaced with a different type of player would the team improve or suffer?

Well, its quite simple...Sigurdsson is mostly playing as a supporting striker.

Aside from pressing hes not having an effect for most of the game bar a rare assist or a goal.

If he was replaced with a different type of player would the team improve or suffer?
You got a spare Lukaku lying around that we don’t know about?
It’s also not a one or the other situation. Gylf and Gana are literally two of our best players and people still try and get rid of them. It’s so weird.

You got a spare Lukaku lying around that we don’t know about?
It’s also not a one or the other situation. Gylf and Gana are literally two of our best players and people still try and get rid of them. It’s so weird.

I dont think they are 2 of the best players.

Gana is extremely effective defensively.

Sigurdsson is extremely effective in moments.

£25mil+ for each of them and i expect us to sell...

Let’s just break it down for the people who want us to stay mid table.

To finish higher in the table we need better players, therefore we need to replace some key positions that will help us significantly, attacking mf is a key position.

Siggy is doing a decent job but decent does not get us top 6.

Do we have ambition to break into top 6? Yes

Do we need a better string puller than a 30 year old Siggy next season? Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.