2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does what he ALWAYS does...one or two great things a game...

Anonymous AGAIN

Imagine having a proper playmaker there
I think the results might not be much different unless the ones missing the chances now are replaced with a better calibre of player as well though. With the right players one or two great things a game is enough to win matches.

I think the results might not be much different unless the ones missing the chances now are replaced with a better calibre of player as well though. With the right players one or two great things a game is enough to win matches.

Taking that into account, Im wondering (seriously) what top side has a player in the 10 position who does nothing all game apart from 2 or 3 amazing things...

I love how poor he's been - he GIFTED DCL a goal. I don't think he's been great, either, but Coleman/Jags are getting torched on the right, Gomes has been completely worthless - can't tackle, can't pick off a pass, can't create anything - and Siggy is the target? Come on, guys.
But siggurdson hardly touched the ball all game he was a yard slow and just didn't get involved. Gomes was the only one who looked to have half a clue, he was picking the ball up deep and trying to get forward only to have no options available to him and that's where the likes of siggurdson should be making runs into space to free up areas for other players.

Needed to test the keeper today, our only midfielder with a long shot on him, needed to use it to scare the keeper. Was very poor today, however we didnt get the ball near him often enough today, the gana gomes axis seemed to prefer to pass to Fulham.

But siggurdson hardly touched the ball all game he was a yard slow and just didn't get involved. Gomes was the only one who looked to have half a clue, he was picking the ball up deep and trying to get forward only to have no options available to him and that's where the likes of siggurdson should be making runs into space to free up areas for other players.

Could not be arsed.

Taking that into account, Im wondering (seriously) what top side has a player in the 10 position who does nothing all game apart from 2 or 3 amazing things...
He's not perfect by any means and like most players who aren't in the elite group he'll go missing in some games. If he can be replaced by someone better then fine but that's not guaranteed as he is a decent player, certainly one of the best that we have right now. We're used to players who very rarely do anything amazing ever so I'm enjoying watching him. It'll be difficult to attract players of a much better standard where we are as a club at the minute, we can only hope.

He's not perfect by any means and like most players who aren't in the elite group he'll go missing in some games. If he can be replaced by someone better then fine but that's not guaranteed as he is a decent player, certainly one of the best that we have right now. We're used to players who very rarely do anything amazing ever so I'm enjoying watching him. It'll be difficult to attract players of a much better standard where we are as a club at the minute, we can only hope.

This is what i cant understand...

How can someone be considered 'one of our best players' when for 88mins every game hes anonymous?

This is what i cant understand...

How can someone be considered 'one of our best players' when for 88mins every game hes anonymous?
Well Apart from the goals he gets he also assists and creates chances ( a lot of which are squandered) for players more often than most of the others, I also think technically he's one of the best we have here, I find it hard not to see it that way myself but that's only my opinion mate.

I hate him.

Actually hate him, he’s come here cost us all the money in the world and offers nothing unless everyone else is playing well. I hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.