2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gylfi Sigurdsson is in Iceland right now. His injury seems to be healing well and he was spotted in the gym at his old club FH Hafnarfjördur this morning. Will most likely be fit for next weekend I would guess: http://www.dv.is/433/2018/11/16/gylfi-reif-lodin-med-pabba-loga-geirs-kaplakrika-dag-sjadu-myndina/

Always got a soft spot for hafnafjordor after they drew my local town Haverfordwest, in europe in what I presume is the only time they've been in Europe.

Dont agree with restrospective bans at all me. An horrendous act like that should be dealt with on the spot by the referee preferably with VAR . Jorgihno would only get banned after the fact and would be no benefit to us at all infact we were worse off as Gylfi had to leave the field later in pain.
Instant dismissal punishes Chelsea for the rest of the game not in the following games where they can just replace him and no change to the numbers on the pitch.
No not a fan of retrospective bans me.

Agreed mate. Either it get’s reviewed in-game with punishment right away or if it must be retroactive, a punishment is given such that game bans are only applicable to his inability to play against us in subsequent matches. Otherwise, other sides benefit from offenses committed against us which has always struck me as perverse in any sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.