gwladys st disabled area

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
Looking at the Man Utd game this weekend I noticed that the disabled section behind one of the goals there was accommodating more supporters without any extension to the area itself. Comparing with the changes at GP this year, I think the 'ledge' constructed for wheelchaired supporters in front of the Main Stand is brilliant. But the now extended Gwladys St section looks a bit odd -- it looks sparsely populated on match days. If numbers are restricted because of access considerations then it doesn't say much for the design. But is it because of lower than anticipated demand? If so then it's a costly error of judgement since with PL games being sellouts the loss of so many seats (around 500?) would equate to a loss of gate revenue of something like £15,000 a match or over £300,000 per PL season. I'm not suggesting at all that the whole area be returned to general use, rather I'm wondering whether the original designated area really required extending.

Looking at the Man Utd game this weekend I noticed that the disabled section behind one of the goals there was accommodating more supporters without any extension to the area itself. Comparing with the changes at GP this year, I think the 'ledge' constructed for wheelchaired supporters in front of the Main Stand is brilliant. But the now extended Gwladys St section looks a bit odd -- it looks sparsely populated on match days. If numbers are restricted because of access considerations then it doesn't say much for the design. But is it because of lower than anticipated demand? If so then it's a costly error of judgement since with PL games being sellouts the loss of so many seats (around 500?) would equate to a loss of gate revenue of something like £15,000 a match or over £300,000 per PL season. I'm not suggesting at all that the whole area be returned to general use, rather I'm wondering whether the original designated area really required extending.

There's a legal requirement to provide a certain level of seats for disabled users at non-pitch level.

I'm fairly sure we're doing not much more than meeting our legal requirements so it's pretty much out of the club's hands.

In general, it seems like a good thing to me. I think some wheelchair users are deciding to sit where they've sat for years ( in front of the Bullens ), which may be partly why the Gwladys area looks a bit sparse ? But the fact that they're doing that by choice is the most important thing.

Couldn’t care if it’s cost us money.

Means those in wheelchairs aren’t necessarily forced to have a [Poor language removed] view at ground level.

I disagree.

IMO ground level is the only safe place for both wheelchair bound fans and those caring for them in the event of an emergency evacuation.

I disagree.

IMO ground level is the only safe place for both wheelchair bound fans and those caring for them in the event of an emergency evacuation.
I disagree.

The construction of adult sized slides would remedy any safety concerns in the event of an emergency evacuation.

I disagree.

The way its built makes it just as easy for disabled access to get in and out as if they were on ground level, IMO.

I love the fact that people aren't forced to watch from ground level. Goodison's one of the worst for it's Camber. I've sit lower bullens and struggled to see the other side.

The way its built makes it just as easy for disabled access to get in and out as if they were on ground level, IMO.

I love the fact that people aren't forced to watch from ground level. Goodison's one of the worst for it's Camber. I've sit lower bullens and struggled to see the other side.

Oh a low seat is awful with the camber :(

My dad is a disabled season ticket holder and I go with him. They asked us before the start of the season if we wanted to move seats but we didnt.

There has always been a waiting list for disabled fans, but there won't be anymore and will probably sell more next season.

Not wasted space or revenue at all as it's a legal requirement to offer spaces on all stands.

The section is great but why after everyone has left, are we not allowed out that gate aswell, like previously?
They have jam packed everyone else into Glwadys street now, I wonder if the club did a risk assessment on the increased number of people exiting that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.