Guillermo Barros Schelotto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he comes in I will be the most impressed little Evertonian. This would be the most maverick choice possible and could possibly pay off as big as it gets.

What little I know and have seen of him and his team make me think he is the start of the post Pep Barca style generation of coaches.

Of course it could blow up spectacularly. I don't know if I would take the risk on him but would certainly doff my cap in respect of the cajones it'd need to appoint him.
Nobody at the club could spell his name, so not happening.

I like Guillermo but Boca fans reckon they have not, in two title winning seasons, won enough of their big games. Meaning against River.

The up and coming manager to watch here is Gabriel Heinze. After getting Argentinos promoted back to the premier league are first time of asking he joined Velez.

Velez were in big trouble as you get relegated for your average points over the last 3 seasons. They started out in a poor position. As ever, Velez incorporated 11 0r 12, sometimes 14 of the match day 18 from their youth set up.

He changed the style to a high press with a real emphasis on width and playing to feet at speed.

They have been very good to watch and two of the kids he has blooded, Casares and Robertone are supposed to be high on the wish list of Athletico Madrid.

They finished the league unbeaten in their last 10, way up the table and I expect them to be fighting for silverware next season.

The players feedback on him is spectacular.

Fluent English speaker and spent lots of time in the North West playing for Taggart.

Our next manager after Silva?

See above.

Ratty little so and so. Had a right row with the ref after a meaningless end of season game over his performance as 4th official in a match there months ago.

His twin brother is his assistant manager.

It is like something out of the shining.

I think that the lack of experience as a player or manager in England would make the learning curve unreal.

That would not apply to Heinze.

My Boca mates swear that not even Maradona had his balls to pull out victory from jaws of defeat the way Guillermo had as a player. Saved his best for finals and derbies.

That would not fit in easily with the rest of our squad.

Captain Jags could teach him a thing or two after our extraordinary 8th place finish.

See above.

Ratty little so and so. Had a right row with the ref after a meaningless end of season game over his performance as 4th official in a match there months ago.

His twin brother is his assistant manager.

It is like something out of the shining.

I think that the lack of experience as a player or manager in England would make the learning curve unreal.

That would not apply to Heinze.

My Boca mates swear that not even Maradona had his balls to pull out victory from jaws of defeat the way Guillermo had as a player. Saved his best for finals and derbies.

That would not fit in easily with the rest of our squad.

Captain Jags could teach him a thing or two after our extraordinary 8th place finish.

..the thought of his brother being his assistant reminds me too much of Koeman.

I noticed he was 10-1 with BetVictor when I got up this morning. He wasn’t even listed with other bookies so somebody must have requested a price and had a few shilling on. I’d never heard of him.

..the thought of his brother being his assistant reminds me too much of Koeman.

I noticed he was 10-1 with BetVictor when I got up this morning. He wasn’t even listed with other bookies so somebody must have requested a price and had a few shilling on. I’d never heard of him.
Don't worry Eggs, he'll pop up in Italy or Spain in a few years time and we will see if we missed anything or not. We're not ballsy enough to go for him yet.

What about Carlos Balardino, the mans a gynaecologist, he could sort out our bunch of C***s (sorry)

According to Wikipedia, Palermo had to let Schelotto go because UEFA refused him a coaching badge. Unless that has now been resolved I can't see it being something we should even explore.

According to Wikipedia, Palermo had to let Schelotto go because UEFA refused him a coaching badge. Unless that has now been resolved I can't see it being something we should even explore.

He couldn't get a UEFA license because he didn't have enough coaching years to get one. I believe his Boca experience solved that.

only played 4 years here but he's on the shortlist as a member of MLS's all time greatest players.

I dunno what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.