Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Good squad. Outside the first eleven the options aren’t great.

Southgate has done a very good job with England.

Won one competition in our history but a manager who has got us to a final and semi final is apparently a bad manager.

He’s fine. If we don’t get injuries we have a real chance.

See how he fares in his next job I guess. He definitely is a bad manager. The tournament draws have “got us to a final and a semi final”

See how he fares in his next job I guess. He definitely is a bad manager. The tournament draws have “got us to a final and a semi final”

Should be remembered he took over a team that was knocked out by Iceland in the previous tournament.

That squad in 2018 really wasn't great

We lost the final on pens to a very good Italy team in the euros

Last world cup we lost to a very good France team and missed a penalty. We were very good in that world cup and playing well up to Kanes pen.

He's done a good job. I think people underestimate how hard it is to win these tournaments.

I think only now do we have a squad capable of winning the whole thing.

He's always done ok for England ok, but we need better if we are to win anything.
Yeah that’s been the problem, until recently we haven’t really had better. There’s Guehi, but it’s been rare for both Guehi and Stones to be fit at the same time, so Maguire has been needed still. Now there’s Branthwaite too but he’s only emerged recently. Tomori and Dunk are crap. Can’t really think of many else. Konsa maybe. Not sure of what his form was like before this season but he played well as RB against Belgium.

Dont think its a bad squad tbh. You cant make wholesale changes, so some will have to miss out. Giving Shaw as long as possible goes to show we dont have the strengh in depth as some believe. Surprised at Toney ahead of Solanke.
In the case of penalties, Southgate can’t be burned again. Kane is the #9. Toney is as close to a guarantee on pens as you can get and he’s useful off the bench when needed. It’s logical for him to go.

Should be remembered he took over a team that was knocked out by Iceland in the previous tournament.

Last world cup we lost to a very good France team and missed a penalty. We were very good in that world cup and playing well up to Kanes pen.

He's done a good job. I think people underestimate how hard it is to win these tournaments.

Of course it’s extremely difficult, but talent wise Belgium and England are two that should have won things recently and didn’t. With the quality of the players, England have to have really high expectations, and it’s fair to ask if a better manager sees them across the line when Southgate hasn’t been able to. Last euro, the draw was as good as it gets and at home…Should’ve been enough.

Still got to beat what’s in front of you.

Yes but it just adds some much needed context to the “he’s got us further than anyone else” argument. I’m sure we’d have gotten to another World Cup semi final in the last 30 years if we’d been presented with Sweden as quarter final opponents.

Plus the players want to play for him.

Yes but it just adds some much needed context to the “he’s got us further than anyone else” argument. I’m sure we’d have gotten to another World Cup semi final in the last 30 years if we’d been presented with Sweden as quarter final opponents.

I mean we did have to beat a strong Colombia side that tournament.