Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Good squad. Outside the first eleven the options aren’t great.

Southgate has done a very good job with England.

Won one competition in our history but a manager who has got us to a final and semi final is apparently a bad manager.

He’s fine. If we don’t get injuries we have a real chance.
He’s had arguably the strongest group of players we’ve ever had. The only team that was comparable to them (since our WC win) was the early 00s with Owen, Beckham, Rooney in their prime. However they were competing against the best French and Spanish teams in their history and a strong German team. Southgate in comparison has faced these nations when they aren’t as strong as they once were. Going out to Croatia despite leading. Losing to a poor Italian team despite leading. Safety first display against the French in the quarter finals and the shackles were only released when we were losing.
As a welshmen said to me, we’ve no need to worry about England winning anything, with Southgate at the helm.

Too many could do a job defenders. Mitchell for Palace should walk into the starting 11 give that:
1 he's a left footed left back and,
2 he's actually played football in the last three months and,
3 he's played well
It's not like Luke Shaw is Ronaldo level and guaranteed a start when fit.
Southgate acting like we're a minnow country and are scraping around for players.

Too many could do a job defenders. Mitchell for Palace should walk into the starting 11 give that:
1 he's a left footed left back and,
2 he's actually played football in the last three months and,
3 he's played well
It's not like Luke Shaw is Ronaldo level and guaranteed a start when fit.
Southgate acting like we're a minnow country and are scraping around for players.
Good shout. Mitchell has been on fire recently. Easily the best English LB in the leagu this season. Talking of palace, I’m sure I read somewhere Olise hasnt a full cap for France. We should be all over getting him into the squad. Arguably the best player in the PL behind Foden these last two months.

Good shout. Mitchell has been on fire recently. Easily the best English LB in the leagu this season. Talking of palace, I’m sure I read somewhere Olise hasnt a full cap for France. We should be all over getting him into the squad. Arguably the best player in the PL behind Foden these last two months.
You'd think one of the like 5 or 6 nations he's eligible for would be pushing hard to cap him.

The second half of that sentence sort of proves the first half wrong 🤯
Favourites out of the favourites he’s picked lid, but you knew that already, didn’t you buddy 🤯

He couldn’t have selected sterling, rashford or captain of captains even though they are his faves - he’d have been lynched. Still surprised me.

He will pick his favourites as usual, I’m amazed he left sterling, Henderson and rashford out tbh, even though they have been awful all season.

Wharton has been great and should go.

He will take the gambler even though Eze can offer us more options.

I just can’t see the waistcoat setting us up right to win it from the off, even with the attacking talent we have, as he will pick terrible defenders and stitch us up that way.
Dyche had been tracking Wharton before he came to Everton. No money to buy him though. Palace have got the bargain of the season there. I said ages ago - the new Colin Harvey.