Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Of course it’s extremely difficult, but talent wise Belgium and England are two that should have won things recently and didn’t. With the quality of the players, England have to have really high expectations, and it’s fair to ask if a better manager sees them across the line when Southgate hasn’t been able to. Last euro, the draw was as good as it gets and at home…Should’ve been enough.
Had this debate on here recently so don’t want to go down the rabbit hole again. But that Italy team at that euros was 30-odd games unbeaten, and if you compare the starting 11s of both sides, you can make an argument that Italy’s team was stronger in midfield and defence/GK

Had this debate on here recently so don’t want to go down the rabbit hole again. But that Italy team at that euros was 30-odd games unbeaten, and if you compare the starting 11s of both sides, you can make an argument that Italy’s team was stronger in midfield and defence/GK

They failed to qualify for both tournaments either side of that Euros.

Yeah Italy looked like clear favourites very early on in that tournament, and it took penalties for them to beat England

I keep saying it: you need a midfield that controls the game to win at this level. England didn't have it then and they don't have it now.

I'm going with low expectations for England.

I'm praying ala 2020, someone takes care of France before England play them.

The recent squad announcement has increased my hope 100-fold. There's a real sense of optimism now, there's such a strong core of players, it's just letting down the shackles and playing with freedom.

Southgate started to take a risk now and a side with Foden, Palmer, Bellingham, Kane and Rice is as dangerous as any other.

I mean this is a pure cringe tweet - you don't need to explain to your grandkids naff all, they probably won't be interested at all this Euro 2014 (unless maybe England win). Butbi understand the sentiment. Especially when Southgate has been quoted as picking players in form as opposed to the regular.

I think these might be the 7 players I'd cut from the provisional squad. Very difficult though.

Trafford
Quansah
Gomez (if Shaw is passed fit)
Dunk
Gallagher
Maddison
Watkins

That would still leave the squad quite top heavy though. Another option could be to reinstate Gallagher and drop another forward, but can't really decide which one, probably Bowen, Grealish or Eze

I think these might be the 7 players I'd cut from the provisional squad. Very difficult though.

Trafford
Quansah
Gomez (if Shaw is passed fit)
Dunk
Gallagher
Maddison
Watkins

That would still leave the squad quite top heavy though. Another option could be to reinstate Gallagher and drop another forward, but can't really decide which one, probably Bowen, Grealish or Eze

Don't think it'll be too far off.

Maddison would be the first off the list for me.

Do think its a wasted space taking Bowen mind; is he really getting in over Foden/Saka/Palmer/Gordon/Eze/Grealish? Just can't see it.