Ground Share - Is it Sensible?

Would you ground share with Liverpool?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately however, the hatred you speak of has become enormous. Financially it would be ideal for both clubs but in terms of supporters, I don't think it will work.

Hatred? I am friends with Liverpool fans, my Dad is a Liverpool fan. There is rivalry, but hatred? That is what is pathetic.

The only time I have come across it is from people who are from London, or Brummy Kopites. One in particular I know was just looking to get laid out - his arrogance was double thick.

But if any football fan, human being, in the city who is from Liverpool, is a Liverpudlian, hates another person from the same seed, then there is no hope for any peace anywhere on the planet.

Hatred? I am friends with Liverpool fans, my Dad is a Liverpool fan. There is rivalry, but hatred? That is what is pathetic.

But if any football fan, human being, in the city who is from Liverpool, is a Liverpudlian, hates another person from the same seed, then there is no hope for any peace anywhere on the planet.

I agree with that last part, however there is a hatred that exists amongst minorities of red and blue supporters. I have seen that hatred myself with my own eyes, and whilst the thought is not nice at all, it is unfortunately a fact. Some Liverpudlians 'hate' Everton and some Evertonians 'hate' Liverpool.

The only hatred I come across out here is from Irish Kopites to be fair. The Aussie ones and ones from home it's just the same as ever. Online folk type lots of $hite and wind each other up but they wouldn't say half the stuff they do to your face in the pub.

That link you posted has quite a few in favour at least of looking at the financials which is sensible considering we're involved! The one line FukOff brigade are probably mostly kids and proper lids.

I agree with that last part, however there is a hatred that exists amongst minorities of red and blue supporters. I have seen that hatred myself with my own eyes, and whilst the thought is not nice at all, it is unfortunately a fact. Some Liverpudlians 'hate' Everton and some Evertonians 'hate' Liverpool.

Yeah well they need to get a grip. What reason other than jealousy is there? Personally I think your tit of a manager is very much to blame for fanning the flames, but then Moyes isn't that much better by saying we are the People's Club.

Is it the same people who chant Murderers from the Street End? Do they work or drink with Reds? I once heard a kid sing that song, and he wasn't even at the football.

The only hatred I come across out here is from Irish Kopites to be fair. The Aussie ones and ones from home it's just the same as ever. Online folk type lots of $hite and wind each other up but they wouldn't say half the stuff they do to your face in the pub.

That link you posted has quite a few in favour at least of looking at the financials which is sensible considering we're involved! The one line FukOff brigade are probably mostly kids and proper lids.

Thats a pile of cock, to be fair you cant say every irish kopite is like that just a small sweeping statement.

The only hatred I come across out here is from Irish Kopites to be fair.

There are plenty of scousers who are guilty of it mate.

Yeah well they need to get a grip. What reason other than jealousy is there? Personally I think your manager is very much to blame for fanning the flames, but then Moyes isn't that much better by saying we are the People's Club.

Is it the same people who chant Murderers from the Street End? Do they work or drink with Reds? I once heard a kid sing that song, and he wasn't even at the football.

I fully agree.

I was surprised at how many Liverpool fans joined in with the abuse of Lescott a couple of seasons ago. I didn't understand the chant at all, out of order to say the least.

With regard to the 'murderer' chants, what has always frustrated me is the fact that they are directed at random supporters, women and children are branded murderers at the match, this in turn is something that is disapproved of by the majority of reds and blues.

Like I said anyway, minorities of these loons amongst both sets of fans.

There are plenty of scousers who are guilty of it mate.

I fully agree.

I was surprised at how many Liverpool fans joined in with the abuse of Lescott a couple of seasons ago. I didn't understand the chant at all, out of order to say the least.

With regard to the 'murderer' chants, what has always frustrated me is the fact that they are directed at random supporters, women and children are branded murderers at the match, this in turn is something that is disapproved of by the majority of reds and blues.

Like I said anyway, minorities of these loons amongst both sets of fans.

I would put money that their are fans who post on here who chant like that. It's just pathetic that it comes to something like that.

Thats a pile of cock, to be fair you cant say every irish kopite is like that just a small sweeping statement.

I'm in Brisbane now mate, I don't get to go to the Derby so can't comment on how the chanting has deteriorated or chances of trouble in Liverpool.

The only problems I ever get out here in the pub when watching games and the other Brisbane blues I play football with have had the same is from the Irish Kopite backpackers. Even the token Blue Manc we have on the team says the same. Maybe it's the holiday mentality or just the sun that gets to them?

Getting away from that emotional angle and back to stadia.

Everton generate about 8/9 hundred thousand a home game, not sure what Liverpool get but probably more because they charge their fans more. (have to pay off the G & H debt). Arsenal and Man U generate about 3 mill, this is the rub, competing with that. Spurs are on the go to a new stadium and of course Citeh dropped lucky.

At the end it comes down to revenue stream and this is where we are losing out at GP.

I have seen comments from Red fans over a groundshare and they are as mixed as we are. However they seem to think they are in a better state than we are! Not true they have a much bigger debt mountain than we have nevertheless there big problems to sort out with a grounddshare. If it was 70000 seater could we fill that??????? Hmmmm. Not at the moment but the reds could probablyput more fans on seats than we can. As I said a lot to sort out even if both parties were keen.

I'm in Brisbane now mate, I don't get to go to the Derby so can't comment on how the chanting has deteriorated or chances of trouble in Liverpool.

The only problems I ever get out here in the pub when watching games and the other Brisbane blues I play football with have had the same is from the Irish Kopite backpackers. Even the token Blue Manc we have on the team says the same. Maybe it's the holiday mentality or just the sun that gets to them?

Maybe , us paddies cant take the heat to well but i know plenty over hear and while they can be full of themselves dissmissing us as a threat its all good natured.

Status
Not open for further replies.