Ground Share - Is it Sensible?

Would you ground share with Liverpool?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfDixie

Player Valuation: £70m
In a sport completely driven by corporate money and tv advertising - is it sensible for two clubs on the decline to pool their resources and forget their differences?

I'm only after the end goal, which is success for Everton. Staying at Goodison while Stanley Park houses a shiny new stadium for Liverpool is going to have a detrimental effect on the club.

Most of us have friends who are Red's, most of us have family who are Reds, I know I do.

I don't hate Liverpool, but I have a smile when they lose. That's really as far as it goes. The media wind me up with their constant salivation over them, and the way ex players commentate "Stevie" or Yossi. But that's not the club's fault.

Benitez has undoubtedly made it worse for everyone with his ignorant and quite frankly arrogant comments, but that's him - he's that sort of person, not nice.

So would I be disappointed if we shared a ground with Liverpool? Nope, not one bit. I am no longer going to follow the bitter crowd, and allow the head to rule the heart.

If the ballot paper landed on my doorstep tomorrow, I would vote yes.

What would you do? Poll attached.

The majority of fans from both teams do not want this. It would benefit us alot though.

The majority of fans spend more being rivals, and not really realising that they are from the same seed - more or less.

It works for Milan and Inter doesn't it?

The majority of fans from both teams do not want this. It would benefit us alot though.

Got something to back this up with?

I am deffo open to the idea, if not for the financial viability. But if it is a 50/50 ownership, then there is no reason this couldn't work.

In he cold light of day the answer would have to be yes. The problem being that on both sides there are many fans who cling to their prejudices rather than looking to the success of their club.

But LFC have already spent quite some money on the project and I can understand their boards reticence on the matter. Add to that one fact that Gillette and Hicks look to is that it would dilute the revenue stream from the ground if the proceeds had to be shared with a co owner. Lets face it LFC are in the driving seat, we are holding the beging bowl.

In he cold light of day the answer would have to be yes. The problem being that on both sides there are many fans who cling to their prejudices rather than looking to the success of their club.

But LFC have already spent quite some money on the project and I can understand their boards reticence on the matter. Add to that one fact that Gilette and Hicks look to is that it would dilute the revenue stream from the fround if the proceeds had to be shared with a co owner. Lets face it LFC are in the driving seat, we are holding the beging bowl.

What have they spent money on mate? Because last time I walked through Stanley Park there was nothing there but birds.

My head says yes while my heart says no. I'd lean towards yes before we get completely left behind like Forest or Leeds.

Posted via Mobile Device

But LFC have already spent quite some money on the project and I can understand their boards reticence on the matter. Add to that one fact that Gillette and Hicks look to is that it would dilute the revenue stream from the ground if the proceeds had to be shared with a co owner. Lets face it LFC are in the driving seat, we are holding the beging bowl.

True but balanced against a smaller outlay, plus a mega-stadium could be a bigger draw...although the ECHO arena wouldn't be too pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.