Goth FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get really miffed at the thought of some exec collecting mega bucks for working within a business that sells health crippling fizzy sugar water for an absolute fortune, while nurses earn a pittance wading in puke, blood and gore to look after people.

What the hell kind of planet is this?

Health crippling drinks? Maybe if you drink like 10 a day (Some weirdos probably do to be fair).

There is nothing wrong with the planet. It's the humans who inhabit it.

For those of us on this side of the pond, Monster is just one of many energy drinks and a pretty normal beverage brand. What's up with the goth association?

I am glad they are sponsoring us, every generation needs a portal to sugar ravaged ill-health. When I was a lad it was Thirsty Paks, I spent lord knows how much on them, on Embassy Regal and on bags of Chocolate Limes when I was a young’un. How I still have my feet and any kind of functioning circulatory system is a miracle quite frankly!

Health crippling drinks? Maybe if you drink like 10 a day (Some weirdos probably do to be fair).

There is nothing wrong with the planet. It's the humans who inhabit it.
True - people not planet.

10+ a day is not uncommon (I've seen kids addicted in schools). They pump the drinks with caffeine and sugar both of which are addictive. Its cynical marketing run by mega wealthy sociopaths and psychopaths who simply want to accumulate personal wealth whatever the human or environmental cost. Greedy capitalism in a nutshell.

For their vast rewards it's not even new or innovative. The fag companies had the technology to remove addictive nicotine from their death sticks in the 60s. They didn't. Nor did our elected "representitives", supposedly there to look after the public interest, do anything to force them.

Last edited:
True - people not planet.

10+ a day is not uncommon (I've seen kids addicted in schools). They pump the drinks with caffeine and sugar both of which are addictive. Its cynical marketing run by mega wealthy sociopaths and psychopaths who simply want to accumulate personal wealth whatever the human or environmental cost. Greedy capitalism in a nutshell.

For their vast rewards it's not even new or innovative. The fag companies had the technology to remove addictive nicotine from their death sticks in the 60s. They didn't. Nor did our elected "representitives", supposedly there to look after the public interest, do anything to force them.

Have you ever thought about forming your own political party !

Have you ever thought about forming your own political party !
Quite a few of the people I've taught (now adults with families) and colleagues have said they'd vote for me.

I'd have no chance though. The minute I'd look a threat to the establishment the media would be against me. I wouldn't come across well in the media and I'm not shaving off my very dashing dark square toothbrush moustache for anybody.

I feel old, since when was Monster Energy Drinks associated with goths ? I associate it with 'extreme sport' culture, ie lots of American bro's drinking it, doing high fives and talking about how 'gnarly' something is.

I don't get the goth links to be honest. Some people seem to just guzzle the stuff on a daily basis. I have maybe 1 every 4 years and still feel it in me.

It tastes like ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.