GrandOldTeam TV GOT TV: "Stekelenburg Was As Good As Southall" | City 1 v 1 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not taking anything away from Stek's performance but those two penalties could have been better, hard and low into the corner is what they should be aiming for. The other saves were great but he also had time to see the it. We haven't had a shot stopper in goal for a while, Howard would have been beaten with De Bruynes shot. He played well and deserved the motm but lets not get too carried away

Well if they were then he wouldn't have saved them would he?

The Stek's save was better - it was pretty much out of reach but he found a fingertip to knock it wide. The look on Prince Harry's face said it all - how is that not in the net?

My boss is a season ticket holder for City and was sat right behind it. Said it was one of the best saves he has seen live. They where all up out of the seats to celebrate when KDB struck it as it appeared unstoppable.

Totally agree with what your saying however he still had to make that save suspect positioning or not....if anything it makes the save even more impressive given he wasn't positioned right....BTW I was his biggest critic
BTW I was his biggest critic!!!! Get in the queue Seddo, there is thousands of us ahead of you!!!!!!!

He did save a few but he was never one that gave you any confidence he would stop it before it was taken. Some keepers are just that bit more lucky/better at reading pens than others. Actually the title is misleading in the fact that Southall probably would have let in the penalties but would have stopped their headed equaliser! :p

Stekelenburg had a good (ok great) game and produced one worldie stop. The pens to me were just badly taken, if I was a manager, there would be a height zone where if players put them in it they would be doing hard labour for the rest of the week, city managed to do two in one game.
Yeah, hard & low normally goes in. Still, great game by Stickleback

I wasn't convinced but Stek has won me over.

Definitely deserves to be our current number one even if we sign a better prospect in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.