GrandOldTeam TV GOT TV: "Stekelenburg Was As Good As Southall" | City 1 v 1 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-GOTTV

Player Valuation: £8m
Hi all,

Latest edition of GOT TV is out. Myself and Seddo review the City game.

Given the feedback I’ve had, it appears people enjoy the videos more when I have someone to chat to because they can put them on in the background whilst they work or whatever. Moving forward I’ll focus on producing this type of content (I enjoy it more anyway). I’ve actually got some more interesting guests lined up and hopefully a few former players as well!.

Watch here:

Thanks again for being so supportive.

Adam

Hi all,

Latest edition of GOT TV is out. Myself and Seddo review the City game.

Given the feedback I’ve had, it appears people enjoy the videos more when I have someone to chat to because they can put them on in the background whilst they work or whatever. Moving forward I’ll focus on producing this type of content (I enjoy it more anyway). I’ve actually got some more interesting guests lined up and hopefully a few former players as well!.

Watch here:

Thanks again for being so supportive.

Adam

...for 1 game.
I can live with him in the short term.

He was as good as him for that one game, nothing wrong with the title therefore. I don't care what he does for Holland he's playing very well for Everton. In a few games alone he's made more eye catching point saving saves than I can remember Howard making all last season. He also seems to be far less error prone than Howard or Robles too.

He was as good as him for that one game, nothing wrong with the title therefore. I don't care what he does for Holland he's playing very well for Everton. In a few games alone he's made more eye catching point saving saves than I can remember Howard making all last season. He also seems to be far less error prone than Howard or Robles too.

He's made saves that he has absolutely no right to make, in all honesty, did Tim Howard ever actually do that for us? Stekelenburg has also done it at crucial times in games to earn us a few valuable points, not when we're 3 or 4-0 up or getting beat.

The one handed save springs to mind against Southampton . When I said about Southall, I meant he's the only one I remember making those types of saves, hence the comparison with him for that one game

He made that save hard for himself with awful positioning and that weird extra step just before Pelle touches it. Any normal keeper stands still on his line and picks that up with minimum fuss.

He made that save hard for himself with awful positioning and that weird extra step just before Pelle touches it. Any normal keeper stands still on his line and picks that up with minimum fuss.

Agreed, Howard kept his 'great shot stopper' reputation intact for years because his positioning was so bad that even standard saves were an effort for him. That's a ball that's looped into the air at a slow pace and he's having to pull s worlds just to get near it. If he's on his line closing the angle like he should be he catches that no problem.

Agreed, Howard kept his 'great shot stopper' reputation intact for years because his positioning was so bad that even standard saves were an effort for him. That's a ball that's looped into the air at a slow pace and he's having to pull s worlds just to get near it. If he's on his line closing the angle like he should be he catches that no problem.

Totally agree with what your saying however he still had to make that save suspect positioning or not....if anything it makes the save even more impressive given he wasn't positioned right....BTW I was his biggest critic

Totally agree with what your saying however he still had to make that save suspect positioning or not....if anything it makes the save even more impressive given he wasn't positioned right....BTW I was his biggest critic

For me the final straw was the Gerrard free kick at Anfield in 14/15. In the 13/14 Goodison game i'd called Suarez's free kick before he even hit it such was the space Howard had left for him to aim at. I did the same again at Anfield, I knew if Gerrard got it over the wall it was in. His free kick finished middle of the goal and even at full stretch Howard couldn't get enough of a handvto it to keep out. For me he was finished by the time Moyes left, it was ultimately Martinez's undoing to stick with him. Koeman is showing that no matter how well you play you need a good keeper to stay in matches. That builds points and builds confidence. The constant sapping of the team every time Howard threw an easy one in his net just hastened us on our downward spiral.

For me the final straw was the Gerrard free kick at Anfield in 14/15. In the 13/14 Goodison game i'd called Suarez's free kick before he even hit it such was the space Howard had left for him to aim at. I did the same again at Anfield, I knew if Gerrard got it over the wall it was in. His free kick finished middle of the goal and even at full stretch Howard couldn't get enough of a handvto it to keep out. For me he was finished by the time Moyes left, it was ultimately Martinez's undoing to stick with him. Koeman is showing that no matter how well you play you need a good keeper to stay in matches. That builds points and builds confidence. The constant sapping of the team every time Howard threw an easy one in his net just hastened us on our downward spiral.

I think martinezs undoing was more the inability to be flexible in his approach. Playing out from the back whilst with a slender lead nearing the end of the game is just plain stupid...

dis3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.