Match Thread Gor Mahia v Everton (Thurs 13th July) 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought that was a good work out in the end. The fact they're so athletic and quick would have been great for fitness.

This to me is the part people miss when they call games like this meaningless and write them off. Although yes the travel and then the standard of football might be lower, for a start to preseason it can be a good workout.

African teams are generally powerful and quick. It's why before world cups European teams always arrange friendlies with other African teams, if they are paired with one in their group.

Michael Keane showed up jagielka and Williams. If koeman isn't thinking about getting another centre half in, he should be thinking it now. Keane, Davies, miralles, Gana and Barry did well.

It was a slow start but by the end that was up there with one of the best broadcasting performances I've seen.

I think people will be surprised by how much DCL is used this year. Koeman clearly rates him and thinks that his hold up play and work rate add something to the team. Clearly he has a lot to work on but training every day with Big Dunc and Rooney will surely help him come on leaps and bounds.

Michael Keane showed up jagielka and Williams. If koeman isn't thinking about getting another centre half in, he should be thinking it now. Keane, Davies, miralles, Gana and Barry did well.
Tbh playing Besic there was an interesting idea - we have lots of midfielders so he is going to struggle to get in there but as a cb Besic would give more ability to play out from the back and a bit of pace. Might be a bit small but playing in a three would negate some of that.

I think people will be surprised by how much DCL is used this year. Koeman clearly rates him and thinks that his hold up play and work rate add something to the team. Clearly he has a lot to work on but training every day with Big Dunc and Rooney will surely help him come on leaps and bounds.
Couldn't see it myself, but Koeman clearly does, and the lad must be full of confidence right now, there will be game time available to the squad players, I'm sure a few will take the chance

Thought he looked really exciting and dangerous playing as an out and out striker today.Seems to have bulked up a touch too since he arrived.

A real prospect.

perhaps there's a call for Keane + holgate at cb with besic as a sweeper in front and two wingbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.