Going into next season...

Are we stronger or weaker than we were at the start of last season?

• Stronger

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • Weaker

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've become weaker because we lost our second most creative player and arguably our primary attacking outlet in Pienaar and didn't replace him. Not only this but we've failed to add to our squad again while the rest of the league have, we'd be at best no worse off than last season if everyone else stood still too but they haven't.

Our hope this season is that a lot of players who didn't turn up last season have big years like Arteta, Rodwell and Saha (3 good games in February doesn't count) and to a lesser extent, Jagielka. One or two of the young players making the first team standard would be helpful too like Mageye, Barkley and Vellios.

Overall I think the key to our season is David Moyes, hard summer or not he needs to get over the bad habits that held us back last year like his negative tactics, favouritism in team selection and tactical changes that come too late.

We've become weaker because we lost our second most creative player and arguably our primary attacking outlet in Pienaar and didn't replace him. Not only this but we've failed to add to our squad again while the rest of the league have, we'd be at best no worse off than last season if everyone else stood still too but they haven't.

Didn't need replacing obviously as Baines kept that flank running on his own even. I'd say we're about the same as last year, hopefully we'll have a better year injury-wise meaning Arteta and Fellaini can get a decent run of games.

Sunderland who have done the most, and best on paper, transfers did so if I recall correctly last year as well. We were certain Gyan, Sessegnon etc would light up the Premiership. Ain't seen it happen yet, and still a lot to prove from this year's new batch. Personally I don't feel Bruce is good enough to balance his squad.

I'm fairly optimistic about our chances, as usual!

I don't think we'll improve until Moyes has the balls to drop favourites and pick his best XI and best formation for the job.

New signings or not.

I heard you were 2nd favourite for the managers job at chelski, lid.

You must be gutted to lose out to a 33-year-old rookie.

I heard you were 2nd favourite for the managers job at chelski, lid.

You must be gutted to lose out to a 33-year-old rookie.

Oh sorry, mate. I forgot you're not allowed to post football opinions unless you're a professional manager.

Back to music and innuendo, then.

*skips away

Status
Not open for further replies.