Going into next season...

Are we stronger or weaker than we were at the start of last season?

• Stronger

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • Weaker

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed and right now you would have to say we are weaker in terms of top 6.

The top six aren't going to change. If there's one that Everton could possibly overhaul with a fair wind behind us it's Spurs. But they dont have CL responsibiities this year and they'll just use the EL to send out peripheral players to get experience, so maybe they'll do better this season than last. As far as those who finished behind us last season: I'm not convinced any of that lot can finish above Everton, tbh.

We're settling into a very predictable pattern of being 7th/8th place finishers.

Transfer-wise, relative to other clubs, here's a depressing list:
http://www.football365.com/transfer-list

We are the only single club in the prem that hasn't brought in a new player all summer. Even Stoke and Blackburn have made new signings. Eric Dier doesn't count either, his loan now is just an extension of a previous transfer window's signing.

Just one name. One improvement. That's all i need to get my sleep back.

Transfer-wise, relative to other clubs, here's a depressing list:
http://www.football365.com/transfer-list

We are the only single club in the prem that hasn't brought in a new player all summer. Even Stoke and Blackburn have made new signings. Eric Dier doesn't count either, his loan now is just an extension of a previous transfer window's signing.

Just one name. One improvement. That's all i need to get my sleep back.

Sunderland and Newcastle look like they've done some sensible business...not spectacular, just solid.

Sunderland and Newcastle look like they've done some sensible business...not spectacular, just solid.

Yeah, defo the most improved teams in terms of transfer business. I am betting hard on those two in this years' fantasy football season. As far as unimproved teams go, i expect Blackburn, Stoke and Wigan to struggle the most.

Are we doing Vbookie season predictions, by the way? I got Wigan, Swansea and Wolves up for relegation. It's always the teams at the end of the alphabet.

Yeah, defo the most improved teams in terms of transfer business. I am betting hard on those two in this years' fantasy football season. As far as unimproved teams go, i expect Blackburn, Stoke and Wigan to struggle the most.

Are we doing Vbookie season predictions, by the way? I got Wigan, Swansea and Wolves up for relegation. It's always the teams at the end of the alphabet.

Dont know mate.

Blackburn look like they've tied up David Goodwillie from Dundee who's been scoring up there (I know!). They dont know what Diouf is doing yet - staying at Rangers or going back. As it stands, they'll struggle though.

I think we are slightly weaker but i can see how you are thinking. But none of us know how these players are gonna perform this season. Lets hope rodwell starts to fulfill his potential, fellaini stays fit and all the young ones do thier bit when they get their chance! i do think we need a prem quality striker though. Beckford for me isnt prem quality! his 1st touch lets him down. although he has got pace to burn!

got to keep every one fit ,which is a doubt ,can see us fin 7th again ,which is a sad ,but thats the best we can hope for.

ive gone weaker, due to the league not the team,

losing pienaar obviously was big, but then weve got youngers coming
through with potential to be better ?

id say the squad aint stronger without him but its not much weaker
all other teams have improved / have money to spend .. that reson weaker

but were still a ****in beast an can beat any team on our day

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If everything stays as it is then I believe we will be going into next season stronger than we went into last season.

Progressions....

Beckford has a season of premier league football under his belt, he has improved as a player

Rodwell has an extra seasons experience and goes into next season with a point to prove

Coleman has developed

Barkley and Gueye look like two very high quality youngsters who will inevitably add to what we have

The team has another year between them of gelling and learning more about how to compliment each other on the pitch

Morale was high at the end of last season and we will take that into the new season

Irvine has returned to the club

Declines....

Neville has got a year older and may have lost a year or two of pace

Cahill isn't getting any younger

Saha isnt getting any younger

Some players may be getting a bit concerned with the lack of ambition shown by the board

Pienaar is no longer at the club and hasn't been replaced

Generally I think we are in a slightly stronger position this season than we were at the start of last. Although I am disappointed that we havnt added to the squad I believe that we have a squad capable of challenging for top four and have every reason to be optimistic.

I think you make some good points mate. I personally believe we are in a stronger position this season , I personally think this will be a breakthrough season for us this year.

I predict a top six finish which I will be over the moon with.

Its all IFS for me this season.

If Saha n Beckford can stay fit and in form - we will be stronger
If the youngsters gain confidence and are given a chance - we will be stronger
If Injuries don't pile up as in previous seasons - We will be stronger.

Overall I would say yes potentially stronger , but time will tell.

How are we weaker? We've got the same squad and our young players are getting better, Beckford's first year did him the world of good and apart from Neville and Saha it's not a problem that they're all a year older. Barkley could be dare I say it "like a new signing" so I'm cautiously optimistic that if we get a winger and astriker and kep felli and mikel fit we'll be a force to be reckoned with. And less pressure than ever for the record. Looking forward to this season

Will depend on injuries etc, i expect us to sign players second week in August right up the end of the window so i expect us to be stronger.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll improve until Moyes has the balls to drop favourites and pick his best XI and best formation for the job.

New signings or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.