Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll say it (again)

Was the wrong player to ship out on loan. He is the one player who could make a difference off the bench when chasing a match or needing something different. The only player who could take on (and beat) his man. Could whip in a cross which would usually be met by Lukaku.

Instead, we kept Lennon. Now I don't have an issue with Lennon at all. But Deulofeu was magical when on the ball. Something that ZERO of our current playing squad have with the possible exception of Barkley and Barkley isn't a winger.

I'm not overly concerned about his supposed lack of defense in the last 20-30 minutes of a match when we're trying to find a winner. I would like to see him last an entire 90 however.

Either way, one of Koeman's few mistakes.

I'll say it (again)

Was the wrong player to ship out on loan. He is the one player who could make a difference off the bench when chasing a match or needing something different. The only player who could take on (and beat) his man. Could whip in a cross which would usually be met by Lukaku.

Instead, we kept Lennon. Now I don't have an issue with Lennon at all. But Deulofeu was magical when on the ball. Something that ZERO of our current playing squad have with the possible exception of Barkley and Barkley isn't a winger.

I'm not overly concerned about his supposed lack of defense in the last 20-30 minutes of a match when we're trying to find a winner. I would like to see him last an entire 90 however.

I agree he can change a match, but although Lennon has no way near as much ability as Gerard he has a much better attitude. I dont want to be negative but look what happened at Seville the season after he joined us on loan! He is a luxury player who may come good, but its a big gamble. sometimes its like playing with 10 men and RK wont have that.

I'll say it (again)

But not an irreversible one, Bill

He can still fetch Del back in the summer and integrate him into the team properly, sommat he signally failed to do in our autumn of discontent ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.