Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's now five managers who have decided he's not worth it....

Hmm...

Hope he comes back and shines for us in pre-season.

But he'll be out of the door I think.

Cant see it Tubes. He clearly has more talent in his little toe than most mortals, but at 52, I reckon I have more stamina than the lad.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong mind.

I think the stamina issue is overblown. The biggest problem is his mentality to the game overall.

That's why I said he's a superstar "waiting to happen", because if it clicks into place for him he could be incredible.

I think the stamina issue is overblown. The biggest problem is his mentality to the game overall.

That's why I said he's a superstar "waiting to happen", because if it clicks into place for him he could be incredible.
He's blowing for air after about 20 mins!! Maybe an exaggeration but it's shocking from a modern day footballer how bad he is

Exactly. I think it's more of a case that he doesnt want to run as opposed to can't.

The feeling I get from him is that he has all the talent, but not the application. It's as if he feels he's already there. Love the fella and hope he comes back because if and when it clicks into place, I'd prefer it to be with us - he will be a real asset especially with Europa games.

That's a real worry, if you're right.

his 1st season with us showed you all you need to know. Everytime he got tackled he stayed down for about 10/15 seconds so he didn't have to chase back, you could hear seamus screaming at him. Bags of talent , but thinks the world owes him a living.

Exactly. I think it's more of a case that he doesnt want to run as opposed to can't.

The feeling I get from him is that he has all the talent, but not the application. It's as if he feels he's already there. Love the fella and hope he comes back because if and when it clicks into place, I'd prefer it to be with us - he will be a real asset especially with Europa games.

Yeah that's my view too.

I think it's a case of a talented kid being told since an early age that he's sensational, then finding out that he actually needs to apply his talent at the professional level and not just coast past 15 year olds who haven't developed yet like he did at Barcelona.

People saying he's blowing after 20 minutes - I just don't see it. Sure, he's not a Gana-type workhorse or anywhere close, and never will be. But what I see him do is similar to what Lukaku does every game and nobody seems to bat an eyelid; completely switch to offensive play and play only when the ball enters his zone. And like Lukaku, that's what he needs to get his head around - you can't rely on your talent in one area of the game to bail you out at a good level.

Status
Not open for further replies.