Gash Until Proven Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps had the players not started this season so woefully and left us in a position from genuine hope to no hope everyone would be a bit more optimistic.

Koeman is most to blame for tactics that is correct and he has shown some real poor standards this season. But the players take some blame too because this season we've witnessed 2 or 3 of the worst performances from Everton in the past couple of decades and we are not even a quarter of the season in. Rooney in my opinion was one of the worst signings we have made, I was actually reasonably happy with him at first but his off the field behaviour has affected the club and his performances haven't been great either. Hes overpaid and we would have been a mile better off looking elsewhere

A 3-0 win against a Sunderland reserves team does nothing to change any of that.

I personally can't believe the stick Sandro is getting myself.

But by token gesture, Klaassen, despite genuinely being non-existent barely gets any (well, by where I'm sat).

Sometimes our fans are great, but the level of consistency individually is ridiculous.

How come if Klaassen loses the ball it's "ooh, unlucky", but if Sandro loses it, Williams loses it it's "SAKE".

Klaassen has been getting loads of unjust stick as well though

Very much like Spurs from some years ago when they sold Bale and bought a lot of very good players who weren't quite at his level in terms of hurting the opposition. They ended up with a lot of strength in depth on paper, but without having the pace and penetration Bale gives you, and they also had the problem of trying to mesh together a vastly-changed squad and find a way to play. It was a step along the way towards eventual improvement but it took a long time - a lot of buying players, not really giving them the game time they needed, then selling them on and watching them prove themselves elsewhere when they got the chance to fully settle. I think the longer the season goes on then the better Everton will get but their biggest challenge will be the increased expectations at a time when they've made so many changes because the media will ramp up the pressure if they continue struggling for long. I think they'll be mid-table most of the season and finish well, and end up about 6th-8th. It might be less than initially hoped for but I don't think there's any quick fixes in building teams really. Have a solid first season, trim the squad if a few don't settle or want to go, then try to add no more than a couple of players per window for the next few seasons, and I think they'll edge into top 4 contention. There is some depth there in certain positions, good young prospects, and they have made some good signings who seem nailed on to me to do well (Pickford, Keane, Rooney, Gylfi - off the top of my head). I'm positive about Everton. I just think it takes time.

Can we please stop this, like? Maybe an odd time to post this as we just won but even then the amount of abuse some of the players got/are getting is absurd.

It takes time for players to settle. Some more than others, but given the amount of new signings we've made and the amount that are young, from abroad or both, we should have a bit of patience. By all means fume at RonKo for playing number 10s everywhere or playing inexperienced players out of position (of course DCL is going to look gash as a right wing back ffs), but seriously, give the new lads some time.

Not many players respond well to getting a load of abuse from the fans. Unless the response you want is them leaving when they come good and then returning the abuse when they score against us, that is. Perhaps you've already made your mind up about some of our new signings, and you're convinced they're just plain rubbish. Well great, good for you. But the least you can do is give them a few months to prove you wrong.

Just back the players ffs.
This is key. It's like when Arteta had the audacity to get injured and get a bit older and so wasn't as effective for us anymore.

"FK OFF TETA U CRAB PASS IT 4WARDS"

He probably thought "fk this" and left for a bigger club on deadline day and played well for them, even becoming their captain lol

He came back and probably felt like a bit of payback time and the precious tits got all offended and labelled him a Judas.

This is key. It's like when Arteta had the audacity to get injured and get a bit older and so wasn't as effective for us anymore.

"FK OFF TETA U CRAB PASS IT 4WARDS"

He probably thought "fk this" and left for a bigger club on deadline day and played well for them, even becoming their captain lol

He came back and probably felt like a bit of payback time and the precious tits got all offended and labelled him a Judas.

Disagree.

He was adored by Evertonians.

Sure, was a few who will always snarl at a player who leaves Everton for a bigger club but the turning point was when he slotted a pen against us at Arsenal in the FA Cup and did this;

1394290221_mikel-arteta-arsenal.jpg

Mikel-Arteta-009.jpg

Absolutely bizarre.

A month or so later he got a mixed reception, the game we won 3-0/he scored an own goal and the Barkley/Baines snarl at Goodison;

upload_2017-9-21_10-31-3.jpeg

Still think he left Everton at the right time - we saw his best days, no question.

Don't think Sandro has done anything to warrant any kind of abuse, to me he's looked bright whenever he' played he does however badly need a goal, with klaassen he hasn't been very good but anyone watching can tell he is a good player he just needs to adapt

Williams tho, I fully condone booing that fat pig, he's old and experienced enough to cut out the mistakes he does, but he does them anyway, the fouls the giving the ball away, im sorry but stuff like that invites booing

I don't know where you were sitting, but I didn't hear much in the Upper Bullens. The crowd just seems totally ambivalent towards most of the players at the moment.

Unless you're talking about forum posts; in which case I'll have to remind you not to worry because the internet isn't real.
Most of the Upper Bullens are barely breathing....lol

Don't think Sandro has done anything to warrant any kind of abuse, to me he's looked bright whenever he' played he does however badly need a goal, with klaassen he hasn't been very good but anyone watching can tell he is a good player he just needs to adapt

Williams tho, I fully condone booing that fat pig, he's old and experienced enough to cut out the mistakes he does, but he does them anyway, the fouls the giving the ball away, im sorry but stuff like that invites booing

fat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.