Gary Speed…

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad. I remember being very disappointed when he left. As a southern blue I did not get to many games growing up but have fond memories of being in the GS end when he scored a header to beat Spurs 1-0. My Dad took me to the game as a birthday treat and he was a Spurs fan which made it sweeter

I remember reading an interview with Speed after he retired and in it he said the only time he ever stopped being an Evertonian was the 90 minutes whenever he played against Everton. Says a lot that.

I was there when he scored that hat-trick against Southampton and he was by far our most consistent player during his 18 months here. He got plenty of stick whenever he played against us when he went to Newcastle, but he wasn't the first, nor last, popular player our club stitched up when going out the door.

The consummate professional throughout his playing days.

RIP Gary.

So sad. I remember being very disappointed when he left. As a southern blue I did not get to many games growing up but have fond memories of being in the GS end when he scored a header to beat Spurs 1-0. My Dad took me to the game as a birthday treat and he was a Spurs fan which made it sweeter
Very sad anniversary ... lovely guy..RIP.

I was disappointed when he left and the manner in which it all happened. He was on his way to becoming a good manager and he might of been our manager one day. A real shame and sad how he passed. RIP Gary.

Agreed, but I get the feeling he kept silent about what was going on in the club and took the stick. Think if he defended himself, it would have lessened the abuse he received every time he played us.

Was good to see him in Gwladys St before the League Cup in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.