Gareth Barry's successor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well obviously it would be at the end of the season if he can get through this one injury free

Even if he did, it wouldn't be enough. He doesn't look after himself, has barely strung more than a couple of games together in his entire career and isn't even particularly good. Gareth Barry has played over 600 PL games, Wilshire would be lucky to get 6 between now and his retirement

I think Barry is irreplaceable, it's taken the fans a couple of seasons to realise how good he is. Hodgson chose to play Gerrard out
of position to do Barry out of a trip to Rio. I hate the ' professional foul' and believe a straight red is necessary, but while most teams
have a player or two to carry out the filth, then I suppose we have to keep ourselves in touch. I don't expect the FA to do anything about it
as they have more pressing things to do, like, the colour of 'sock tie-ups'.

Please stop. When he retires the team is not going to never function again without him. He is painfully slow and has a decent passing range. His best attribute is experience and reading of the game but him playing in the side virtually ensures we can only defend by sitting deep as he doesn't have the legs to press. We could very easily find an upgrade.

Bastian Schweinsteiger? Brilliant footballer, still only 32, available and would make a big statement of intent. Attitude and fitness would be a concern but I would absolutely love him at the club. Plus, Ana Ivanovic

Bastian Schweinsteiger? Brilliant footballer, still only 32, available and would make a big statement of intent. Attitude and fitness would be a concern but I would absolutely love him at the club. Plus, Ana Ivanovic

Statement of intent? intent to what?

Need an old head in there when he goes, someone who knows all the tricks to slow play down, waste time when required and positional sense. Fabregas is fantastic but not in the same mould

Statement of intent? intent to what?
That we can attract world class players. Ok he had a bit of a bad season last year, but that was in a team that is fundamentally broken. Not even Pogba, the most expensive player ever, looks good in that team. Prior to last season, Schweinsteiger was one of the best midfielders in the world, captain of a world cup winning team and a champions league winner. He would be the biggest name we have attracted to our team in the last 30 years and would bring massive amounts of experience. If that isnt a statement of intent I don't know what is?

Status
Not open for further replies.