Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destined to be a sub for most of next season

Don't think so, willing to bet we let him go. He has one season left in him, like him or not as a player, he has been a good pro, and I think once RK gets in a couple more, he will be allowed to go to a team where he will play every week

He can still give us a good run of games when needed. He was really, really good for the first month of the season last year - possibly our second best midfielder - he can't keep it up for more than 4 or 5 weeks though.

Don't think so, willing to bet we let him go. He has one season left in him, like him or not as a player, he has been a good pro, and I think once RK gets in a couple more, he will be allowed to go to a team where he will play every week
Wouldn't you think at this stage in his career though he'd be happy to be a squad player on a team playing in Europe and on the uptick, rather than grinding game in game out for a lower level side?

Wouldn't you think at this stage in his career though he'd be happy to be a squad player on a team playing in Europe and on the uptick, rather than grinding game in game out for a lower level side?
Some would do that and just collect their pay. Barry doesn't strike me as that sort. I think he will want to play, and I think he has been a good servant for us and RK will allow him to go. When you say lower level, I don't know if you mean championship? If so, I don't think that at all, I think he could do a job for a number of PL teams this season

Status
Not open for further replies.