Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, lots of hate for him...

Embarrassing. Barry is a class act. Slower than a tortoise in quicksand but his footballing brain, his passing range, his jawline, all top drawer.

I'll be sad when he leaves. He's a top man and a top player.

His passing ability is very underrated. He can slot them through with the best of them.

And the jawline. Like Douglas Bader.

Don't want Barry to leave at all.

He'll be useful as ever next season.
Barry is the archetypal consummate professional who, despite his age, clearly looks after himself and gives 100% on and off the pitch.

If he desires to leave due to wanting regular football then I would not stand in his way, but like yourself I'd much rather he stayed here with us.

With extra European games we'll need as many legs as possible and you know you get a hard working, experienced and technically able player.

Barry is the archetypal consummate professional who, despite his age, clearly looks after himself and gives 100% on and off the pitch.

If he desires to leave due to wanting regular football then I would not stand in his way, but like yourself I'd much rather he stayed here with us.

With extra European games we'll need as many legs as possible and you know you get a hard working, experienced and technically able player.
European football will suit him. Plus we need to keep Schneids fit for the prem.

I would let him go if that's what he wants for regular football. If he's happy starting maybe 15 games in various comps and being a back up let him stay. Given he left City to come to us for more football I suggest he might be interested in moving to West Brom where he'd probably start most games. If he goes I would still allow McCarthy to go and bring in someone else. For me McCarthy and Besic are too injury prone to keep both and I prefer Besic as he doesn't make stupid decisions on injuries. Back to Barry it would be nice if he broke record as Everton player but he will struggle to get in front of Schneiderlin, Gueye and Davies for league games.

He will give us an awesome month/6 weeks of football when we need it this year (and we will) -- just like he did at the start of last year -- provided he starts that stretch rested and fresh.

Hope he sticks around. Not sure why everyone wants him gone. Not like hes gonna be starting every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.