Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
c48c232780db43e3850827b103311f49.jpg

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to Gareth Barry's 2015/16 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.​

Getting tired of this fella, too old and slow to be in the heart of our midfield. Doesn't shield the back 4 and gives away too many daft free kicks. Unless Martinez punts him he'll lose us points week in week out.

He was poor today, I wanted him dragged off at half time. He is still valuable to us though, big experience. Should only be used in away games I think now.

Unless we are playing a top team who will dominate possession I would rather see Barkley or Cleverly in the middle. Both provide better offense and passing, and the difference defensively is getting smaller and smaller.

Don't think he was poor today really, not good but not poor. Let's hope Martinez can learn to play him only in the games when he's useful.

Certainly had a much better game than some around (and very close to) him. At least he was hustling and switching position. Made a number of good passes actually. Barkley 2nd half and Kone (goal and assist) plus Mirallas briefly were ok the rest were gash.

Playing Barry wasn't the problem today. I thought McCarthy was worse. The problem was yet again playing Barry and McCarthy alongside each other against weaker opposition.

Playing Barry wasn't the problem today. I thought McCarthy was worse. The problem was yet again playing Barry and McCarthy alongside each other against weaker opposition.

Yep it just isn't working. I understand if it's to protect the back 4 but the problem we are having is it only takes 3 passes to carve us open. At home it has to be one or the other but he just persists with them regardless.

Thought he was all right myself. He's asked to sit deep and cover the full backs which he does. He doesn't have the legs to get forward and affect the play as well which is a shame as he's more capable on the ball than McCarthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.