Games you wish could be played again(An Everton timewarp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many but some really stick in the craw, thinking of how the course of our history/honours may have changed for us if we had won:(

WBA 1968 Cup Final
City 1969 Semi Final
Panathinaikos 1971 European Cup
RS 1971 Semi Final
Carlisle(Home and Away 1975)
Luton Away 1975
Sheffield Utd Home 1975
RS Semi Final 1977
Villa League Cup Final 1977
West Ham Semi Final 1980
City 1/4 Final 1981
Man Utd 1/4 Final 1983
RS Milk Cup Final 1984
Man Utd FA Cup Final 1985
Oxford Away 1986
RS FA Cup Final 1986
Villareal 2004 Champions League qualifier
Chelsea League Cup Semi 2008
Chelsea FA Cup Final 2009
Wigan FA Cup 1/4 Final 2012

The majority of these games we had a real shout in but somehow "Everton that"moments occurred, fascinating to think how circumstances may have been different for our club if even half of these games had gone our way, there'll be loads I've missed out(AC Milan/Dukla Prague in Europe spring to mind as I'm typing thislol)
All of them obvs, but I'd 'settle' for winning the first 4.
Catterick retires and/or is promoted in triumph 'upstairs'
Then make Derby Co. an offer they can't refuse...the full horses head job...for Clough & Taylor and watch us go.

All of them obvs, but I'd 'settle' for winning the first 4.
Catterick retires and/or is promoted in triumph 'upstairs'
Then make Derby Co. an offer they can't refuse...the full horses head job...for Clough & Taylor and watch us go.
Yep,i think a dynasty would have been created degsy.

two games which hit me badly FA CUP 77 R/S semi final replay after that a hole CT denied us a winner in the first game
79 West Ham S/F Elland Road Replay , being convinced this was our year then Brian Kidd got sent off , Bob had equalised , fluke header from F/L

That Chelsea cup final game in ‘09 was one of the first times I thought “maybe this isn’t gonna result in an Everton that. We may actually do this.”

Moral of the story is never get your hopes up

I would say Villareal, but we were never going to win that game as it was rigged from the start.

Probably the FA semi against Chelsea for me.

Thanks for reminding me. I was at SIXTEEN of these painful games - all of them except Oxford and Luton from the 71 semi.

You should add the Keeley Derby.

1977 Semi Final was properly gutting, but for me it would be the 1986 FA Cup Final. Nearly 2-0 up, in charge of the game until Gary Stevens' awful pass down the line. I was 15 and I cried when that equaliser went in because I knew what was going to happen next.

Status
Not open for further replies.