Games you wish could be played again(An Everton timewarp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RS vJuve. Heysel

It would be interesting to see the matches that we would change that don't involve us. That one being number one but would also include Chelsea v Liverpool in 86 and Chelsea v Barcelona in 09, they were robbed by the ref in that match and had the got to the CL final I think we would have rolled them over in the FA cup ending our trophy drought there and then.

Have fond memories of the semi-final against City in !969. Despite losing we had a great night out in Birmingham in a pub full of Evertonians...even though I was under age for drinking !!.....The good old days ! ;)

In recent times, wish we could play again the Crystal Palace at home game in April 2014. Losing that 3-2 effectively handed back 4th place to Arsenal. If Roberto had managed to get us Champions League in his first season, the last few years could have been very different.

The Liverpool semi at Wembley
That 3-2 loss to Villa with that Young goal
Shrewsbury FA cup
Reading Home FA cup
City away league cup semi final 2nd leg
Oldham H FA cup
Wigan FA cup
Fiorentina
Dinamo Kiev
Bournemouth A 3-3
Middlesborough Away quarter final under Smith

Goof grief I could go on all day lol

The Derby when Moyes rested half the first team because we had a cup game against Sunderland coming up? We lost the Derby and didnt beat Sunderland anyway, but at that time we were on a roll and Liverpool were in awful form and there for the taking

Oxford Utd away 1986. A defeat which cost us so much.

Had we won that infamous night and ended up clinching the title, I'm sure we'd have gone to Wembley on a massive high and in a totally different mind frame.

Grimsby -1985 - League Cup - Paul Wilkinson -

I was doing work experience (from school) at the hotel where Grimsby stayed. Gave it the big one to their Chariman, how we'd tear them a new one etc.

The next day the whole team give it back in buckets when I served them breakfast.

Lesson learnt. Never, ever give it the big one, especially before a match.

My Dad took me to my first home game in about 1967, but it was my Grandad who took me from thereon when I was a kid, he died in 1976 when I was 16, he was my hero, I would wish to see again any of the games he took me to so I could see him again and talk about Everton man to man, wonder what he would make of the modern day football at Goodison.

I'll always remember beating Arsenal 3-0 and my dad was more concerned about us not playing decent football!
That's probably why I like us to play the ball on the ground and attack teams.

Apart from obvious ones Everton Wigan few years ago springs into mind. Wigan won 0-3 at Goodison if i remember right. We were in good form and Cup success was starting to look good. Then this happened, I was in shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.