Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the deal agreed in March. The world has changed a lot since then.

Let's just see what happens. It's all just conjecture and nobody knows for sure.
And that’s what’s disappointing, he obviously was our first choice and sometimes you have to push the boat out.

Ok we will never know the truth,Everton will probably say we've never been interested since lockdown

They are just a day or so late in reporting that Arsenal are supposedly ahead of us in wanting him,Arsenal supposedly contacted Gabriel/Lille at end of april,
we just seem to be to slow to be able to do just about anything and everything - if he did go there

And that’s what’s disappointing, he obviously was our first choice and sometimes you have to push the boat out.

Ok we will never know the truth,Everton will probably say we've never been interested since lockdown

But we're paying the price for 'pushing the boat out' in the past, aren't we?

There's not a day that goes by on here where someone doesn't (quite rightly in a fair few cases) complain at the amount of money we've spent on players over the last few seasons.

We can't have it both ways unfortunately.

I suspect we pulled out a long time ago personally.

Doubt we will sign a CB this window now.
Could be right. I wonder if Carlo has thought he can make do with his CB’s (and maybe a freebie like Silva) and channels whatever funds he has in areas he feels are more important.

But we're paying the price for 'pushing the boat out' in the past, aren't we?

There's not a day that goes by on here where someone doesn't (quite rightly in a fair few cases) complain at the amount of money we've spent on players over the last few seasons.

We can't have it both ways unfortunately.
But if that’s who they wanted then surely you try and get it done ASAP. We will now probably buy our 2nd or 3rd choice. For maybe just slightly less Than what Lille wanted.

We will see it’s not been confirmed he’s Arsenal bound yet . And I still find it strange them buying him with all the centre backs they have

Status
Not open for further replies.