Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its very obvious now it is a massive rebuilding job. We are so light on quality, urgency, pace and mobility in midfield. At least he seems 100% on board and is saying we will get “good players” as we don’t have too many of those right now.

Im thinking how many players will we need to see an improvement, four in my opinion but right down the central chanel.

Centre back, central midfilder, right winger and perhaps a creative midfielder.

I expect a hybrid of mismatch deals, more taking on wages then really big fees.

Silva
Allan
Everton/Under/Etc
James R.

I think we would be satisfied with that.

I think we could be surprised with some of the outs.

its very obvious now it is a massive rebuilding job. We are so light on quality, urgency, pace and mobility in midfield. At least he seems 100% on board and is saying we will get “good players” as we don’t have too many of those right now.
The games so far have shown how bad and limited our midfield is. No pace no power no goal scoring threat. That's got to be his priority this new season

Won't that be 4 cb's. Thought that was the number required?
If we had Europe, but with out it, I think we could cope. And a youngster as 4th choice
Also potentially getting 15/20mil for Mina or Keane would help towards buying more players.

The thing is you would imagine holgate and Gabriel would be the partnership moving forward. So doesn’t make sense to have to 2 defenders on the bench earning. 60/70k a week each

If we had Europe, but with out it, I think we could cope. And a youngster as 4th choice
Also potentially getting 15/20mil for Mina or Keane would help towards buying more players.

The thing is you would imagine holgate and Gabriel would be the partnership moving forward. So doesn’t make sense to have to 2 defenders on the bench earning. 60/70k a week each
Makes sense. I'd sacrifice one if we could put it towards another midfielder. Midfield is and should be our main priority. I'd get shut of Bernard, siggy Davies to raise some money. They seem impressed with the young lad branthwaite. Had him on the bench already offered an improved contact

If Gabriel comes in then I see no reason why we need both of Mina and Keane.
Holgate could be used as a defensive midfielder to allow Gomes to focus on starting attacks and that would mean holding onto both Mina and Keane.

Yes I know that Holgate is probably the first choice CB now but his pace and power would also suit midfield well.

Status
Not open for further replies.