Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May seem a bit superficial to some but Richarlison got major screen time in that Amazon programme about the Brazil National Team whilst playing for an average Everton team. We can offer a better platform for Brazil especially if we manage to snatch Allan as well and create a nice little Brazilian contingent

Yeah i really doubt hes going to be impressed with Allan being frozen out and Leandrinho being loaned out back to brazil every year since joining in 2017.

Compare that to Richarlison whose seen as a popular part of the national team and someone who Gabriel will want to emulate.

never seen him play but we do need a CB, hopefully the scouting team know what they are doing for a change

Yeah i really doubt hes going to be impressed with Allan being frozen out and Leandrinho being loaned out back to brazil every year since joining in 2017.

Compare that to Richarlison whose seen as a popular part of the national team and someone who Gabriel will want to emulate.
I watched that entire series, not understanding a single word of Portuguese but from what I did understand, Richarlison really does seem very highly rated by their national set up and generally very well liked by staff and players (bit of a joker with Neres)

If he’s good enough he’ll get into the Brazil team. Richarlison getting into it whilst playing for us doesn’t change that.

If he’s good enough he’ll get into the Brazil team. Richarlison getting into it whilst playing for us doesn’t change that.
The "I want to play for Brazil thing" basically just means he wants to go somewhere he can play consistently. Napoli isn't going to be that if they don't sell Koulibaly and we might not be that if we are serious about Thiago Silva.

This just seems to me that basically he’s waiting to see if a better club (with european football to offer) comes in for him. Seems like the Yerry Mina saga all over again. Will he/won’t he. Doesn’t fill me with a great deal of confidence that he actually wants to be here.

it's sadly what we got to expect when going after players who are playing in the CL and europa every year. But it is the only we'll get better imo. Mina loves it here and that move gave us the same feeling. The only thing with the gabriel deal is it's the same as gbamin for me, i'd never heard of him, seemed to be decently rated, whilst not being one of europe's up and coming stars but rated in the mid 20 millions. we're buying a hell of a lot of players in that £20m-£30m range and barely any are making us a significant amount better, that is my worry. Would be much better off getting just 2 or 3 proper stars but that's obviously not that easy when we have so many gaps in the squad that need filling. The only reason these gaps need filling though is because of the crap we've bought who all fit into that price range.

Don’t fancy Allan just because I’d prefer a younger player we can build a team around. Not saying he isn’t miles better than what we have but Napoli will probably sell Allan for a large fee and go and find the younger version of him for a quarter of that. Why can’t we skip the middle man?

Don’t fancy Allan just because I’d prefer a younger player we can build a team around. Not saying he isn’t miles better than what we have but Napoli will probably sell Allan for a large fee and go and find the younger version of him for a quarter of that. Why can’t we skip the middle man?

Should get him for €25m. We need a proper Gana replacement and can do the running and tackling for like 4 years at least. We need enemgy in the middle and someone Carlo can trust. Allan is a fantastic footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.