Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs a strong holding midfielder alongside him and then he can start spraying balls all over the park.
Hopefully with a good pre season andstaying injury free Gomes will become the player we want . Defoneeds an energetic aggressive midfielder alongside him. The Gomes of the anfield derby last year is what we need to see on a consistent basis.

Hopefully with a good pre season andstaying injury free Gomes will become the player we want . Defoneeds an energetic aggressive midfielder alongside him. The Gomes of the anfield derby last year is what we need to see on a consistent basis.
I remember when Coleman came back from injury he came on and looked like he hadn't been away.The same with Gomes in his first game back.After those 2 games you could tell they both weren't ready.Adrenaline kicked in and then reality.Which is understandable.

Hes played 2282 minutes which is 25 x 90minutes.

Which is surprisingly more than I thought he had, the problem is hes been injured or returning from injury for most of his Everton career, which means he hasn't really been 100% since hes been here, which is a major problem.

Yeah I wasn't meaning to massively disagree with what @ToffeeTim said. Just thought worth pointing out he had appeared in 29 league games.

Yes, it needs to be more and he does seem to sustain injury set backs easily. Maybe it's the way he plays that's the reason for that. He's quite - what's the term - 'unorthodox', at times, maybe.

Yeah I wasn't meaning to massively disagree with what @ToffeeTim said. Just thought worth pointing out he had appeared in 29 league games.

Yes, it needs to be more and he does seem to sustain injury set backs easily. Maybe it's the way he plays that's the reason for that. He's quite - what's the term - 'unorthodox', at times, maybe.

I'm not going to be annoyed if we keep him. I just think its likely we sell a centre half if we bring one in. And we need to stop signing injury prone players and to move on players who are regularly unavailable.

I'm not going to be annoyed if we keep him. I just think its likely we sell a centre half if we bring one in. And we need to stop signing injury prone players and to move on players who are regularly unavailable.

Hmm I'm not so sure myself.

Think Carlo wants four CBs - and as I've said that could also give us options elsewhere.

But, should we sign a CB, it does of course free up the option to sell one of Keane/Mina. I reckon Keane would be most likely of the two, purely because he's only got 2 years left.

Hmm I'm not so sure myself.

Think Carlo wants four CBs - and as I've said that could also give us options elsewhere.

But, should we sign a CB, it does of course free up the option to sell one of Keane/Mina. I reckon Keane would be most likely of the two, purely because he's only got 2 years left.

Keane is also homegrown which could come into it. I'm not convinced there's any chance of him being sold.

Well, I'm not sure that's true.

Maybe not an issue this summer, we currently have 14 HG players.

Pickford, Kenny, Keane, Holgate, Pennington, Iceland, Davies, Delph, Baningime, Connolly, Walcott, Iwobi, Bowler, DCL.

Now ask yourself, how many of them would you want to keep?

None

Well, I'm not sure that's true.

Maybe not an issue this summer, we currently have 14 HG players.

Pickford, Kenny, Keane, Holgate, Pennington, Iceland, Davies, Delph, Baningime, Connolly, Walcott, Iwobi, Bowler, DCL.

Now ask yourself, how many of them would you want to keep?
Six.

Status
Not open for further replies.