Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like either Lille or the players agent throwing out club names in the hope of speeding up a deal. Whether that’s with us Napoli lord knows.

Well, I know they've out-priced Roma for Smalling. That's why he's returning from a relatively successful loan. Furthermore, I personally doubt Jones or Rojo have any suitors. That means they are stuck with at least 2 CBs they don't want. As for Bailly, is he ever fit? Make that 3/4 useless to them and even potential suitors.

They do need back up for Maguire and Lindelof, then, but considering the majority of their budget will be going towards any potential Sancho deal I don't think we should be worrying about United right now. That said, if they manage to get their inflated fee for Smalling then perhaps we should start sweating. So, in short, I think any Gabriel to United deal rests on them selling Smalling first.

It's the same us, they'd like a new centre back like we'd like a new midfield, but we both have to offload wages first and the players are too crap to have suitors. Thankfully we got rid of Schneiderlin for a bit of leeway

Status
Not open for further replies.