Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really pleased to win.

We are such a sloppy side. Something has to be done about the amount of goals we are conceding.

There's something really depressing about Rodriguez and Richarlison being subbed off. They are the most creative player's in the squad and it's understandable why it was done to bulk up the midfield but usually the player's replacing them have consistently failed to produce for us.

I thought that Richarlison, Digne, DCL and Iwobi played particularly well. It's Iwobi who is my choice for MotM as he showed a level of mentality and assurance that I've not seen from him before.

Very nervy for both me and Everton at the end there, but held on. Plus points, great to see Ritchie back, Allen was excellent as was Digne, Doucoure solid, Iwobi, would have been mom, best I have seen him play, brilliant today, tracked back well, done his defensive work admirably, but it was in attack were I was most impressed, inventive fast and good end product. Mom DCL superb again only this time with the goals, hold up play superb, especially in the second half, just edged it off Iwobi. But why oh why do we make it so hard for ourselves. Tom Davies done very well when he came on.

It’s not just the back 3/4 - we’re defending poorly as a team. We’re so open when we turn over the ball. Carlo needs to take some responsibility for that, keeps chopping and changing formations and players roles- it’s impacting defensive certainty and cohesion. We won’t score 3 or 4 every game and at the moment, if we don’t, feels like we’ll get beat.

The three points were the most important thing today.
After we conceded when we did, everyone thought this was only going to end one way.

I know it was only Fulham, but we dug deep to keep hold of them points.

Be happy, Blues.

Shocking stat, this, considering our defence in the Martinez era.

1606053795743.png

Status
Not open for further replies.