Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham were definitely there for the taking the first half. I dont think Everton played well but Fulham were very poor. Then the second half was a total turn around. Everton were very poor and Fulham weren't quite so bad.
Even though we won I don't see this as much of an improvement over the previous 3 games. Hopefully it was down to being tired after the international break, not having enough training the last few days and fitness levels below par.
We've for a week to get back on the training ground and get a lot tighter for the next game. That opening unbeated run is a distant memory now.
No more international breaks till march one game a week hopefully no more injuries or suspensions and we can play more like we did in the first half

I watched these against Palace the other week and Palace had plenty of chances counter attacking, as long as we don’t mess about sideways and backwards passing we will get chances.
They also created plenty of chances and Lookman has been very good.
I can see both teams scoring.
If the Everton that started the season turn up then 1-4, of the recent Everton turn up then 2-3 or3-4.
2-3 spot on. I think we had the good and bad of Everton today.

CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

He has time to work on it now this week with hopefully close to a full squad. Doubt they had much training this week before heading to London.

Today was about 3 points and of course Carlo knows we need to cut out the defensive errors. He'll be extremely unhappy behind the scenes but winning is the main thing in a game like today.

Come on, did we really expect anything else from this game? Said it before and I'll say it again, any team that plays Everton will be confident they can score goals against us. It was a Jekyll and Hyde performance again with the 2nd half seeing us losing our urgency in getting forward and trying to completely put the game to bed. On a positive note though, Dominic Calvert-Lewin continued his fine goalscoring form, we came away with all the points, and Alex Iwobi showed that he can do a job on the right.

Although DCL did well, I'm going for Alex Iwobi for my MotM due to his direct confident performance during the first half. I thought the guy showed a lot of energy and willingness to get forward and make things happen today but felt that he was stifled and held back by the way we approached the 2nd half.

Went for a walk with my wife and son instead of watching. Sounds like I made the right choice for my blood pressure!

Good to get the win but defence has to be sorted.

Some of The Scott Parker After Game P/C​

what positives to take​

I take the positives of the second half. My main thought at the moment is the first half, the way we approached the game, second best to a lot of things. In terms of duels and putting your mark on a football match, we didn't do that well enough.

Second half​

We changed things around tactically but we did exactly what we missed in the first half in the battles and the fundamentals of a football match. They have to be a given. We fell short of that in the first half

Why was their a lack of intensity​

At this moment I can't put my finger on it. There were individual errors but I'm not looking at that at the moment. Let's just go into a football match first and foremost. Ultimately when you're playing any match, you need to show that side to you. Second half there was a reaction but it shouldn't come from a rollocking at half time.
We can cause teams problems and be successful but we have deficiencies. It's a young team and we need to drill the message home

Ruben Loftus-Cheek's impact​

I thought he was brillaint really. He came in and worked really hard with him with the information I'm trying to give him so he can have a big impact. Sometimes he can have a tendency to drift but today was everything we wanted.

Tough run coming, what do you say to players​

The same things we have all year, this is an incredible group, we've built a bond and we're doing everything in our power to keep improving. Everytime we step on the field we'll keep learning.
There's a work ethic and we'll keep going in the right direction.

Working with Ruben, is that why we haven't seen him yet​

Yeah it probably is. Over the last couple of week we took him out and spent a lot of time with him for what I want and what he needs to do for himself to show how good he can be. Potential sure, and he needs to keep grasping it.

Another penalty disaster​

You couldn't have written it when he slipped and missed to be honest with you. All I can say is over the last ten days we've put things in place. Ivan is an exceptional penalty taker. Last time I was angry, today, these things can happen
No denying we have issue with penalties. We'll keep working and training it to see who is the best to take them.

Shouldn't be scoring three away from home and having to hang on,we are playing some great stuff going forward but from the moment our keeper shovel footed the clearance and they had a little two minutes of pressure we conceded,we get away with the penalty miss and know their jaws are on the deck,see it through?no we concede in the next attack,so frustrating but so us, Mina I'm afraid has had his chances,got to sort this back four and keeper Carlo before it undermines the good work so far.

He has time to work on it now this week with hopefully close to a full squad. Doubt they had much training this week before heading to London.

Today was about 3 points and of course Carlo knows we need to cut out the defensive errors. He'll be extremely unhappy behind the scenes but winning is the main thing in a game like today.

You can't fix Yerry Mina.

I often say he's unsettling - that's just a polite way of saying disaster.

He's a maverick defender, he attacks possession and unsettles the entire defence.

There's a reason gabriel magalhaes was Ancelotti's priority/Everton's first attempt of a transfer.

Mina's card is marked, Ancelotti threw Holgate in at the first opportunity on his return vs Man Utd but it was too soon.

Yerry Mina for me is like Funes Mori.

Even when he's doing OK, you expect an injury to unsettle the rhythm of the team.

By far and away the weakest player in our starting 11. It's not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.