Free Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Ward's Minder

Player Valuation: £5m
Free Agents thread - discuss at will if you can bothered

Recent events at the club have highlighted the serious lack of squad depth to even play week by week in the league yet alone a cup competition that everyone sneers at. With JRodz (not Rodwell) preferring to go play in a nothing middle east league rather than the Prem, would you prefer to utilise his wage on bringing in some short term free agents to provide competition and cover for the first team this season, or keep the savings and bear the FFP brunt of being hamstrung for a season?
Positions we need filling - LB, RB, DM, RW, CF

With no cover for Digne at LB, Gbamin and Delph I've got little faith of ever seeing them play, and Kenny not being trusted as an able deputy, which free agents would you like to see brought in short term if any at all and which positions should be prioritised?

Aurier for 6 months 100 percent, we must sign a long term RB next summer. Any sort of attacking option that could come off the bench, don't know who's out there
I’d prefer to sign him on a 2-3 year deal and then try and shift Kenny for like £5mil which would cover his wages. It’s de-risked at that point, pending a sign on fee, and he is an upgrade.

Robbie Brady till next summer simply to be a back up to digne, even of he was to only play 3 4 might be worth a shout

Be careful what you wish for...
7-Business-Lessons-from-Get-Smart-and-Agent-86.jpg

Recent events at the club have highlighted the serious lack of squad depth to even play week by week in the league yet alone a cup competition that everyone sneers at. With JRodz (not Rodwell) preferring to go play in a nothing middle east league rather than the Prem, would you prefer to utilise his wage on bringing in some short term free agents to provide competition and cover for the first team this season, or keep the savings and bear the FFP brunt of being hamstrung for a season?

With no cover for Digne at LB, Gbamin and Delph I've got little faith of ever seeing them play, and Kenny not being trusted as an able deputy, which free agents would you like to see brought in short term if any at all and which positions should be prioritised?

What lack of squad depth?

People keep saying we have a small squad, we dont.

What lack of squad depth?

People keep saying we have a small squad, we dont.
Fair point, I'll rephrase. We have a squad very liable to picking up injuries or forever being injured all at the same time.

Midfield alone we only have available Doucoure, Allan, Davies, Gomes out of 7 listed in the squad of which Allan and Gomes are liable to get injured and Doucoure could suffer from burn out if we're not careful. We're only a fixture congestion away from playing Holgate in midfield or the dreaded 5 man defence.

Fair point, I'll rephrase. We have a squad very liable to picking up injuries or forever being injured all at the same time.

Midfield alone we only have available Doucoure, Allan, Davies, Gomes out of 7 listed in the squad of which Allan and Gomes are liable to get injured and Doucoure could suffer from burn out if we're not careful. We're only a fixture congestion away from playing Holgate in midfield or the dreaded 5 man defence.
#10 not playing again, Delph and Gbamin are like injured forever. James will be gone. Tosun too in January. That’s 5 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.