Free Agents

Mitch Ward's Minder

Player Valuation: £5m
Free Agents thread - discuss at will if you can bothered

Recent events at the club have highlighted the serious lack of squad depth to even play week by week in the league yet alone a cup competition that everyone sneers at. With JRodz (not Rodwell) preferring to go play in a nothing middle east league rather than the Prem, would you prefer to utilise his wage on bringing in some short term free agents to provide competition and cover for the first team this season, or keep the savings and bear the FFP brunt of being hamstrung for a season?
Positions we need filling - LB, RB, DM, RW, CF

With no cover for Digne at LB, Gbamin and Delph I've got little faith of ever seeing them play, and Kenny not being trusted as an able deputy, which free agents would you like to see brought in short term if any at all and which positions should be prioritised?

carolinablue232

Player Valuation: £70m
Aurier for 6 months 100 percent, we must sign a long term RB next summer. Any sort of attacking option that could come off the bench, don't know who's out there
I’d prefer to sign him on a 2-3 year deal and then try and shift Kenny for like £5mil which would cover his wages. It’s de-risked at that point, pending a sign on fee, and he is an upgrade.

BiggyRat

Player Valuation: £40m
Be careful what you wish for...
7-Business-Lessons-from-Get-Smart-and-Agent-86.jpg

hktoffee

Recent events at the club have highlighted the serious lack of squad depth to even play week by week in the league yet alone a cup competition that everyone sneers at. With JRodz (not Rodwell) preferring to go play in a nothing middle east league rather than the Prem, would you prefer to utilise his wage on bringing in some short term free agents to provide competition and cover for the first team this season, or keep the savings and bear the FFP brunt of being hamstrung for a season?

With no cover for Digne at LB, Gbamin and Delph I've got little faith of ever seeing them play, and Kenny not being trusted as an able deputy, which free agents would you like to see brought in short term if any at all and which positions should be prioritised?

MikelsGoat

The E v m8

What lack of squad depth?

People keep saying we have a small squad, we dont.

Mitch Ward's Minder

Player Valuation: £5m
What lack of squad depth?

People keep saying we have a small squad, we dont.
Fair point, I'll rephrase. We have a squad very liable to picking up injuries or forever being injured all at the same time.

Midfield alone we only have available Doucoure, Allan, Davies, Gomes out of 7 listed in the squad of which Allan and Gomes are liable to get injured and Doucoure could suffer from burn out if we're not careful. We're only a fixture congestion away from playing Holgate in midfield or the dreaded 5 man defence.

hktoffee

Fair point, I'll rephrase. We have a squad very liable to picking up injuries or forever being injured all at the same time.

Midfield alone we only have available Doucoure, Allan, Davies, Gomes out of 7 listed in the squad of which Allan and Gomes are liable to get injured and Doucoure could suffer from burn out if we're not careful. We're only a fixture congestion away from playing Holgate in midfield or the dreaded 5 man defence.
#10 not playing again, Delph and Gbamin are like injured forever. James will be gone. Tosun too in January. That’s 5 players.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
Goodison Park
ORDER NOW
Under The Lights
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks